Rich Text for Task Descriptions in Firefox

Hello everyone - Using Asana in Firefox and when I try to bold my Task descriptions (windows shortcut ctrl-b), Firefox launches my bookmarks toolbar instead. Shortcut for underlining launches a page to view code source.

Don’t believe I am able to turn off keyboard shortcuts for Firefox and not sure I’d want to do it if I could. Any tips for getting rich text to work for Task descriptions without launching miscellaneous windows?

BTW, rich text works just fine in Comments.

Hi @Krista_Daly and sorry for the late reply here! Are you still having the same issue? And if you do, are you able to reproduce it with an incognito window? Keep me posted! :slight_smile:

Hi Marie - Thanks for the reply. I am still having the issue in both normal Firefox browsing as well as incognito mode. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Hello @Marie - I am still experiencing this issue – in normal browser and incognito mode for Firefox. Would you be able to assist me further, please?

So sorry for the late follow-up @Krista_Daly. Just double check, are you using the Shift key at all? (as in “[ctrl/cmd]-shift-B”?) I’ve gone ahead and reported this issue to our development team; I’ll be in touch as soon as I get an update!

Hi @Marie - Confirming…I am not using the Shift key. And what’s strange is that the ctrl-b shortcut works over in the Comments area but nowhere else.

Thank you for submitting the issue to your dev team. I look forward to their response.

Thank you so much @Krista_Daly, I really appreciate it and will be in touch as soon as I have an update!

1 Like