Reverse the order of comments

Strongly agree!

Speaking as a software developer, this is such a simple thing to code. How is it that after 6 years Asana still hasn’t made such a simple and crucial feature available to its community?

This is a default feature on almost every platform that has a text stream. C’mon Asana, you can do better than this!

Please listen and get this implemented, our scrolling fingers are tired.

3 Likes

Adding my vote to please, please add this as a feature.

I would like to +1 this request. This is the default behavior in MS Teams, where my team is migrating from. Would be awesome if this could be set as a default at the Workspace/Org level, and then let the user override. :crossed_fingers:

How hard would this be to implement? Can’t be more than a day of work I would assume? I don’t get that a request like this, as basic as this is, is open for 7 years? 7 YEARS?! Insane that people are still willing to pay for this tool

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, this is a shame. When will you get this together?

Ugh. I was loving Asana until I started accumulating comments in an ongoing task. Seriously Asana? WE MUST BE ABLE TO SORT THE COMMENTS EITHER ASCENDING OR DESCENDING! Huge disappointment.

1 Like

This seriously wastes so much time across our entire organization. We have to scroll and pin comments to make it work. Just put the most recent at the top, or give us the option to do so as the administrator!

1 Like

Hi Ben… I too have been commenting and voting on this issue being resolved. I just opened a support ticket using the chat icon in the lower right corner on the following ASANA Support page… https://help.asana.com/hc/en-us - Maybe if we all do this, it will help to force them to give us the option to put the comments in newest first order.

2 Likes

Hi Beth - I’m replying to some in this feedback thread that we all should open a ticket about the issue in hopes that ASANA will pay attention to this complaint.

Go to https://help.asana.com/hc/en-us
Click the chat bot in bottom right corner
Put in other as the question and choose to create a support ticket
Be sure to put the link to this thread in your comments
Reverse the order of comments

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I have submitted a support ticket. It’s asinine they haven’t changed this yet.

1 Like

It’s 2024 and it’s been 7 years since this feature has first been requested! Commenting so Asana knows this is still a very much needed feature! :pray:t3: Please please include this in your roadmap :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Has this not been implemented yet? This proves to make it challenging for Trello users to migrate to Asana because the most recent comments are on the bottom.

1 Like

I am a new user to Asana and find it very frustrating that the oldest comments are at the top. Reading this thread, I am shocked that the ability to sort via timeline has not been implemented!

3 Likes

Please get this done soon, its a bit of a joke at this point.

7 Likes

Has Asana fixed this yet? If not, why not?

2 Likes

Wow. It has been five years? Holy hell.