Request: notify collaborators of a task on due date changes

When I assign a team member a task, I expect that I will become aware of any obstacles either when:

• The team member comments on the task, which I’ll see in my Inbox, or
  • The team member lets it slip, and it shows up in my “Off Track” saved report.

Right now, I do not receive any notification when a team member postpones a task due date. This is bad–I use Asana as a tool to determine what my future self will know when. I put in a due date so I can tell when a task has gone off track, but if the due date is changed, I will not know it when I originally expected to.

This is related to: Push Notifications at 'Due Time' - #17 by Shamant, where it was mentioned in July, but there has been no further follow up.

Just discovered that if you are assigned a task dependent on a task whose due date changes, you get notified. That’s useful.

At the moment, collaborators on a task can receive a notification (via email) under the following circumstances: Email notifications from Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

However, it would be really useful if they also received a notification when the due date for a project changed (as well as it being completed). This would allow them to stay up to date with items being pushed back.

Hi @anon75030614, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum!

This is a very good question! We currently send notifications when a task assigned to you has its due date changed, however, this notification is not sent to task collaborators.

We already have a thread on this topic. In order to avoid having many duplicates, I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. I hope you don’t mind! Request: notify collaborators of a task on due date changes .

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: