Reports/Exports

I need to get a list of tasks based on specified parameters. I need to specify the data items for each task - Assigned To, Due Date, Notes, etc. I know how to get the list using Search, but what then?
The only feature I could find that looked like it might help was getting something from the dashboard to to a Google Sheet. Not exactly, but I could probably work with that. How do I get the results of a Search onto the Dashboard?
Or is there something I’m missing?

Why is the search not enough? You can save the search, would that work?

I need to save/export the results of the search. I’m new to Asana and just finding my way around, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that. I’ve seen talk about a .csv export but I haven’t seen any instructions anywhere (or any intuitive prompting) on how do that.

MH

@Mayer_Hoberman you should be able to click on the drop down menu next to the search title (above the middle pane) and export

1 Like

Hey @Mayer_Hoberman; @Ruth_Newnham is right on the money here!

The best workaround for this at the moment is to export a CSV file of your search results, which you can then upload into Google Sheets. This would allow you to then work directly with the data.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you, @Ruth_Newnham . I think that’s what I was looking for. I’ll work with that and hopefully, it will meet my needs.

1 Like

Thanks again @Ruth_Newnham and @Michael_A. Exporting the CSV gives me a lot of what I need.

Best as I can tell, the Notes don’t get included in the CSV export. Actually, think I remember seeing something about that in other discussions.

If that’s true, for me it’s a serious deficiency. I need to be able to integrate Asana with our other processes (electronic and manual).

Any suggestions? Do any of the Reporting applications address this issue?

Also would be great to be able to see the Assigner in the export, not just the Assignee.

1 Like