Reporting on nested portfolios does not pick up projects in lowest level

Hi,

I don’t know if it is a bug or a missing feature.

Let’s say you have portfolio A containing another portfolio B, that contains project B1.

If you use Universal Reporting to report on projects from portfolio A, then project B1 is not part of this reporting :frowning:

@LEGGO did you knew? Any workaround? :confused:

Thanks for this feedback, @Bastien_Siebman! I believe this is expected behaviour but I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

I just ran into this yesterday.

Workaround: I explicitly listed the projects, but that means another place to keep project list in sync when the purpose of a portfolio is to do that.

I’d consider this either a bug or a half-implemented feature.

There’s a great usability debt forming in Asana with things like this. Features are rolled out at a fast pace, but often incomplete and then completion is not highly prioritized. Just one other example, you can search for tasks that are Approval type, but there’s no search for “Approved” or “Rejected.” The number of gotchas found in the app are mounting rapidly.

I hope focus can be given to these needs. Did “Polish Week” (where Asanas focused on things like this) go away a while ago?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

I agree, this specific use case seemed so obvious I built my entire recommendation on it, until I started implementing…

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman i haven’t come across this with Universal Reporting as I abandoned nesting Portfolios (for the time being) when I discovered a similar type of behavior existed with Workload - inability to show level 2 projects (or any projects) when nesting is present.

1 Like

Fair enough :frowning:

1 Like