Reporting Charts - automation, users, & chart display

Currently, I there a way to share reporting dashboards without having to grant someone project or team access? We have some users who daily email charts with non-Asana users who simply need the ability to view the chart and not the data behind it. Can this be automated from Asana to Outlook? On the same topic, I’ve noticed when a donut chart is used, only 7 pieces of data fields are visible, remaining content is only viewable by selecting the hyperlink (example: “+7”) which takes the member to the project.

FYI - I also posed these question on the Asana Together Slack channel (random)

Hi @Amanda_Rodriguez,

There’s currently no way to share dashboards or charts programmatically via the Asana API.

2 Likes

Hi @Amanda_Rodriguez, there are 3rd party add-ons that enable sending reports to people who don’t have access to Asana, or who prefer viewing that information without having to log in to Asana. You can see some example reports at Reports by Screenful and learn more about this add-on at Analytics and Reports for Asana by Screenful

1 Like

Is there a way to share a dashboard report that is in the new Insights section?

There’s still no exposure for dashboards or reporting in the API.

Thanks Phil, is there a way to make this a feature request? i’m an asana newbie!

Well, you just did! This is really the place for it.

cc: @John_Vu @sasha_f (from Asana Developer Relations)

I definitely support this - I also would love the ability to have multiple lines on a graph to compare data, or what would be phenomenal is to be able to compare that data over several time periods. For example a cost column with the current quarter and easily view the same data from the previous year’s quarter