Repeating task that is not performed, deletes the whole thing even the succeeding, recurring task

When you have recurring tasks that are not completed on the scheduled date, do you usually delete it (since the actions w/ task is either complete or delete, no archive or incomplete)?

I tried deleting but it deleted the whole thing including the succeeding tasks.

If you leave the incomplete task, will it just pile up?

Hi @Jan_Go, thanks for reaching out!

In this case, I recommend just leaving the recurring task incomplete until you are able to complete it. This means the succeeding tasks are not affected!

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Let’s say you made a recurring task for friday to review your week, and you missed it. The recurring task set for friday will be there, just there, then a new task for friday (same day and time) will be created automatically since it’s a recurring task.

The prior task, do you leave it just there? In case you miss another recurring task, it will just pile up there?)

Hi @Jan_Go, the recurring task for next Friday will not be generated until the task from last Friday has been marked complete.

If it’s a case where you did not complete the task at all, as opposed to waiting until Monday to complete, I’d recommend commenting with this info and then marking the task as complete. You’ll need to do this to generate the next recurring task.

Does this make sense? :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I understand correctly, another recurring task will not be generated until and will not compound, until the prior recurring task is completed. Did I get that right?

Mailtrack Sender notified by Mailtrack
09/21/21, 12:49:15 PM

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.