Repeat task on specific day (every monday, not every 2nd day)

Now it’s only possible to set a repeat interval for a monthly task to a specific day of that month (for example: 3rd day). I’d love the same option as for weekly reminders: every month on Monday (not date-related).

3 Likes

Great suggestion, @Desire_van_den_Beld. Although it’s not a perfect solution, you could use the “Weekly” option and then set for every 4 weeks on a specific day of the week. There’s a month or two where it would fall too early or two late, but hopefully this could get you closer to the recurrence you need.

I agree! I could definitely use a repeating feature that allowed you to select ‘every 3rd Thursday of the month’ for example.

5 Likes

Yes! I have meetings that are the first and third Tuesday, and then the third Thursday. It would be awesome to set my “meeting prep” reminders.

2 Likes

Yes need this for payables

Especially in light of the Outlook app (as well as syncing My Tasks to one’s calendar), is there a reason why we aren’t able to set up repeating tasks to occur on the same schedule every month like Outlook allows us to do (e.g., every third Wednesday of the month)? I have a regular monthly team meeting that occurs this way and I’m having to add each month’s meeting - duplicating it of course, so it’s mostly done, but I still have to do this for EVERY meeting. Frankly, having the function duplicate to repeat on a particular day (for example, the 15th of every month) is pretty worthless when you consider how often those days might occur on a weekend.

Hi @Mary_Capps :wave:t3: and thank you so much for your feedback!

This is definitely a popular request and in fact, we already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread.

In the meantime, I’d suggest using this set up :point_down: it’s not ideal but might be a good workaround for the time being!

1 Like

I understand that you can set up repeating tasks and I have done that, but is there a way that I can see the repeating tasks without having to click the last one complete? My problem is, if I look ahead to next month, my recurring task doesn’t appear and I would really like it to, so I don’t accidentally over schedule a project.

I’d love to be able to make a task repeat on the same day every month, NOT dependant on the actual calendar date. For instance, on the 1st Friday of each month. or 3rd Thursday of each month.

1 Like

Hi @CareyAnnComeau and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

There is already an existing thread on this topic, so I’ve gonna ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback.

I hope it’s OK. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi, I am new here and making my first steps …
Can you tell me how did you activated the repeated option as i can not see it on my calendar?

Thank you

Hi @Maria9 and welcome to the Forum! :grinning:

The reason why you are not seeing the recurrent tasks on your calendar is because it will only show the Current Task that is due (and not every recurrent task is due in the future). The following recurring task is only generated and will appear on the Calendar once the current task is mark completed.

You can find more information about Recurring Tasks in the following article: How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

This feature would really help our team out. Seems like something simple that was over-looked…

This is a really important scheduling/recurring component. It’s been requested for over a year…is this moving forward in the queue?

1 Like

Another feature that it appears has failed to be implemented over the past 3 years. . .

2 Likes