Reorganizing teams and projects

Our marketing team (who have used Asana for 5 years) got approval from our organization to reorganize the Asana Teams and Projects that our staff of 30 had been using (sparingly for 12 months). The goal was to make the work of multiple departments more transparent and available to improve organizational communication.

We tackled this reorg on Monday (thanks to the handy drag and drop feature Asana added in the past year). **But…**Our Operations team decided the next day that they want an archive of how their team’s workspace used to look.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see the way our Asana Teams and Projects used to be organized or is there a way to view a back up/restored version?

Hi @Lauren_Gilbertson and welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a built-in function allowing you to see what your Asana looked like before you made these changes, and as far as I’m aware this isn’t something our support team can help with either…

Is there a specific reason why they’d like to see what their team looked like before you made changes? If they’re worried that some project didn’t transfer over or got deleted by mistake in the process, they should be able to find these items in the Deleted Items section.

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like