Reoccurring tasks that respawn with a due date in the past show up under Later rather than Today

I have a reoccurring task that is set to reoccur every month. The task involves doing something applicable to a specific month. Sometimes, I fall behind on the tasks. So, when the February task is due and I do it in June a new task spawns for March that is due March 15th. Great. When I do March, another one spawns for April and it is due April 15th, etc. That all works great, but the problem is that the new task spawns in “Later” rather than “Today”. I’d like all tasks with a due date before today to go into Today. Spawning into Later just doesn’t make sense since the due date is in the past. I set a rule that all tasks in Later due today transfer to today but I wasn’t able to say “all tasks due anytime before today, get transferred to today”.

Hi @Burt_Culver, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Newly created recurring tasks will appear in the last Section of your My Tasks page. You can turn this off and have them appear in the default Section via your Profile Settings:

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.