Removing premium user seat from Tier

I’m assessing the Premium plan for my team.

When I’ve added my domain to the plan, all the free users under the same domain, got a seat. Now- I wonder what will happen to their account when I’ll remove them using the Admin-Tool.
Will the account be completely deleted losing all tasks and teams for that user? Or will it only turn back to Free version losing their Premium features?

Hi @Gilad_Tsabar! When you deprovision someone from your Organization, the tasks, projects, conversations, attachments and comments the person created will remain intact, but their assigned tasks will be left unassigned.

In a Premium Organization, a private project will be created for the Administrator containing both public and private tasks previously assigned to the former employee.

Please note that deprovisioning a user from your Organization doesn’t automatically reduce the number of seats in your Premium Plan. If you only want to give Premium feature to specific people I would recommend reaching out to our Sales Team: Contact our Sales Team • Asana

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions :wink:

2 Likes

In a free org, what happens?

Hi @Bastien_Siebman! It is basically the same but the project won’t be created. The tasks, projects, conversations, etc, the person created will remain intact, but their assigned tasks will be unassigned.

To ensure no tasks go unaccounted for, it is a good idea to go into the person’s My Tasks and reassign their tasks before deprovisioning them.

1 Like