Remove tagged tasks in Search

On my project boards I create cards/tasks for example:

• General information. [I know “Project Details” can be used for this, but I like pertinent info (URLs, contact email addresses, etc.) front and center for clients]

• An index of ID numbers which gets assigned to each task à la JIRA

• Client “how-to” which has itemized subtasks (eg rules for alt and title text; redirects & 404s, CMS instructions, etc.)

These general tasks I tag “General Info”

When I run a filtered search, how can I tell the search parameter to NOT include any tasks that are tagged “General Info”? I don’t need these cards as part of my Open Tasks report . . . it just mucks up the list of things to do.

Filtering includes a lot of things to add to your search (like “Has tags”) but not remove, and the “Not parameter” parses out just those tasks. [Using Search & Advanced Search in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide]

If tagging isn’t the way to go, what is the alternative to keeping these cards out of my list view?

Thanks for any help, solutions, ideas!

Hi @Laurie_C :wave: Thank you for reaching out!

You could run an Advanced Search using the filter Tags >> Doesn’t have these tags. I’m attaching a screenshot to illustrate the steps.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

2 Likes

Thank you @Natalia! Duh; don’t know why that was counter-intuitive to me! My list looks great now :slight_smile:

2 Likes