A team was created by a former employee that needs to be deleted from our Asana account. How do I do that if he was the administrator?
Hi @Jay_Matheney and welcome to the Forum!
Any Team member can delete a Team, so If any current employee is still a member of that Team, he/she should be able to delete it following these steps:
- Click on the arrow icon next to the Team’s Name
- Select “Edit Team Settings”
- Navigate to the “Advanced” Tab
- Click on “Delete team” at the left bottom of the dialog box
You can find more information about Deleting a Team in this handy article: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/team-basics#gl-delete
Please note that deleting a team will delete all of its projects, including projects people have marked as private that you may not see.
If nobody is able to do it, I would recommend you to reach out to our Support Team by following these steps. They will be able to assist you with removing the Team.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!
The team included only the former employee, so no one else is a member. (It may have been set up in error.) Regardless, it just needs to be deleted. Can someone help with that?
I would then recommend you to reach out to our Support Team by following these steps . They will be able to assist you with removing the Team.
Please let me know if you have any follow-up question! Have a great Friday!
- Access the Team Settings: Head over to your sidebar and hover your mouse over the Team you’re looking to delete and click on “…” icon next to the team’s name
- Select Edit Team Settings
- Navigate to the “Advanced” tab
- Select “Delete the Team”