Remove a Team

A team was created by a former employee that needs to be deleted from our Asana account. How do I do that if he was the administrator?

Hi @Jay_Matheney and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Any Team member can delete a Team, so If any current employee is still a member of that Team, he/she should be able to delete it following these steps:

• Click on the arrow icon next to the Team’s Name
  • Select “Edit Team Settings”
  • Navigate to the “Advanced” Tab
  • Click on “Delete team” at the left bottom of the dialog box

You can find more information about Deleting a Team in this handy article: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/team-basics#gl-delete

Please note that deleting a team will delete all of its projects, including projects people have marked as private that you may not see.

If nobody is able to do it, I would recommend you to reach out to our Support Team by following these steps. They will be able to assist you with removing the Team.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

The team included only the former employee, so no one else is a member. (It may have been set up in error.) Regardless, it just needs to be deleted. Can someone help with that?

Hi @Jay_Matheney :wave:

I would then recommend you to reach out to our Support Team by following these steps . They will be able to assist you with removing the Team.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up question! Have a great Friday! :smiley:

1. Access the Team Settings: Head over to your sidebar and hover your mouse over the Team you’re looking to delete and click on “…” icon next to the team’s name
  2. Select Edit Team Settings
  3. Navigate to the “Advanced” tab
  4. Select “Delete the Team”

thanks man, it worked.