Remember today and upcoming sections for recurring tasks

I have a number of recurring tasks that I organize in sections for Today and Upcoming. It’s a pain that I have to manually drag each of these tasks to their respective sections within Today and Upcoming each time they regenerate. It would save me a lot of time if they would pop up again in the sections I put them in. For example, if I have a recurring daily task called “Save call statistics reports from yesterday,” I want the Today block to remember that I always put that task in the “Routine” section and the Upcoming block to remember that the task belongs in the “Daily Routine” section.

Hi @Lissie_Green_Geyer and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

We actually have a hack allowing you to automatically send your recurring tasks into the Later section. From there these tasks will automatically be promoted to Upcoming and Today section based on their due date. Check out this handy article to learn how to enable this hack: https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/settings#gl-hacks. And if you have any follow-up question, let me know, I’ll be happy to help!

Hi Marie, thanks for your reply!

Yes, I did see that hack earlier, and I can understand how it can be helpful for some situations. However, it doesn’t help with the issue of when you actually do want to see recurring tasks in Today and Upcoming but you want them to appear automatically in the same sections without the user needing to manually drag them there.