Reinstate tags in the search bar

@Rebecca_McGrath

Tags by definition exist to be easily searchable. So if Asana is keeping tags but eliminating the ability to search for them from the search bar, what is the goal for tags going forward? Why keep them at all? Is there a replacement in the works? When you say a small portion of users use this, do you mean that only a small number use tags at all or that only a small number search for their tags from the search bar? It’s hard to imagine someone using tags but not searching for them.

Additionally, when searching for tags through advanced search, the results are not grouping tasks within projects like it used to and cannot be sorted by project or by due date either. This is very unhelpful.

2 Likes

When will the function for searching tags be available again? It really hurt my workflow yesterday trying to use advance search.

1 Like

Removing tag search functionality makes no sense. The only reason I can think of is that this will become a paid feature. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m just wondering why you would make 4 steps to do something that originally only took 1. Doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Just curious, why will this topic “automatically close in 3 days?” Since it is still VERY active. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We heard you, and we want to do the right thing for everyone, so we have decided to revert this change. Tags will be back in the search bar either later today or Monday.

Note that we’re not planning to develop Tags further in the future, so while I know many of you on this thread rely on them, I would encourage you to investigate Custom Fields to see if they might be a better fit. Custom fields are much more powerful, flexible, and most importantly, they work across all surfaces in Asana. They’re also easier to manage and don’t risk being duplicated.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us and for your patience over the last couple of days, we appreciate you!

Ps: @Mikayla_Santiago, this thread was initially in our bugs category and temporarily moved to the Closed section, which includes some automation to close threads after they’re resolved. We had no plans to close this conversation until a solution was found. Now this is resolved, I’m going to close this thread out!

5 Likes