Reinstate keyboard shortcuts for today, upcoming, and later in my tasks

I understand and appreciate the quick implementation of a workaround that has been added with tab+U and tab Y. Thanks a lot for the help! However, even with the current workaround, this still isn’t as useful as the old functionality, especially for users that put more than a couple sections in their my tasks, as it takes many arrow clicks to move the tasks into the correct section. Could we get the option to customize keyboard shortcuts to section, or even just return one tab+L keyboard shortcut to move tasks straight to later with one button press?

11 Likes

@Kyle_Hansen, I added my vote. As a workaround, consider the following if you haven’t already ruled it out:

Larry

2 Likes

The new keyboard shortcut solution for the My Task section, as described by this post is terrible. The old way which allowed us to quickly assign tasks to Today, Upcoming, Later were much better. This completely defeats the purpose of it being a shortcut, if I’m needing to sort through the various options. What’s more is that the old shortcuts appear to be completely unused. It makes no sense, and it’s yet another reason why I won’t be using Asana outside of my day job and will not be recommending Asana. The limited features are already annoying, but removing the keyboard shortcuts that I do actually use often is just ridiculous, and there is nothing I can pay to get them back.

4 Likes

I’m really frustrated by this as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us @Fawn_Lies and @Kyle_Hansen. We are working on more improvements for keyboard shortcuts in My Tasks and I will make sure to post any updates in the main thread.

If you are interested in having an option to customize your keyboard shortcuts, I recommend you to add your votes here: Support for Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts