Regular Good Old Copy Tasks to New Project Gone!?

I’ve noticed there is now an ‘add to another project’ feature, which appears to have taken the place of the regular old copy task!

Is this so, why can’t I just copy a single or multiple tasks, to another project as once was the case?

or are we being forced to upgrade to get access to Templates?

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Finding posts to respond to

Hi @Rick_Avlen! Thank you for reaching out.

As @lpb mentioned, it is not possible to duplicate several tasks at the same time. If you regularly need to copy multiple tasks, you might want to use templates instead (See: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide for more info).

Regarding Sections, you are right. It used to be possible to create a section from an existing task but we had to modify it to be able to introduce some new exciting features. Our team is looking into how to improve the new “Tab+N” Section shortcut in the future.

If you have any other questions or there is anything I can help you with, let me know.

I’ve noticed there is now an ‘add to another project’ feature, which appears to have taken the place of the regular old copy task!

Is this so, why can’t I just copy a single or multiple tasks, to another project as once was the case?

or are we being forced to upgrade to get access to Templates?

@Rick_Avlen, For me, “Duplicate task” is the menu item directly below “Add to another project.” It’s not available with multiple selections, but is there for one task at a time. Does it appear for you and is it what you’re asking about?

Larry

2 Likes

Hi…yes the menu item does appear as you described. But unless I’m mistaken, there was also a copy task feature, that did allow for multiple/bulk task copying…isn’t that right? cheers

also, and as an aside do you know anyway to create a section from an existing task? I know Asana changed there approach to this where once it was achieved via use of the ‘:’ character

@Rick_Avlen,

You may be right about copy/duplicate task (it used to be called Copy) allowing multiple selection in the past; I just can’t recall. Maybe @Marie recalls or could weigh in on the possibility of that in the past and future.

There’s no way to convert a task to section in Asana, but you could consider this (which I haven’t tried):

Larry

1 Like

@lpb @Rick_Avlen
Thank you for referencing my post :slight_smile:
The right post about the section would be this:

I created many posts about my extension here and there, so I think I need to centralize information somewhere.

1 Like

Hi @lpb, I’ve just double checked with our support team and can confirm it was never possible to duplicate multiple tasks at the same time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes