Recurring tasks in calendar view

Okay, this is a bit frustrating.

This is an EXTREMELY important feature to add to Asana. My organization just got set up on Asana, and as we were setting up recurring tasks for all of the support staff and executive meetings, we realized that only the next occurrence shows, and that the one following only shows once the last one has been completed.

Our company is large, and spread between two states, and being able to see our FULL calendar at all times for scheduling meetings and projects is imperative to our functioning as an organization. We just subscribed for 10 seats for our support staff and upper management and this has put us in a position where we may not be able to actually use Asana due to this issue.

I highly recommend this is addressed and at least the option given for those who need it, or I am certain you will loose customers who absolutely need this feature.

3 Likes

Please provide an update on when this feature will be released

This is a joke! This is basically the whole point of a project management software. I cannot believe I have wasted hours getting all setup and spending the money to upgrade to the premium version for this feature not to exist. How utterly ridiculous - how hard can it be to show tasks on a recurring nature like google calendar does - seriously!!?

2 Likes

I have set up recurring tasks for members of my team. But I want to be able to see all instances of them (not only once one has been completed). Is there any way around this? Apart from having to set up the same task hundreds of times just so it plots on to the calendar for visibility.

@natalia.benamor No sorry not that I have seen. It only repeats the task on completion.

Jason.

Hi folks, we already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged this post to consolidate feedback on this topic!

Since my first post I have tested 30+ more tools trying to find this feature which non of them have. I have just stumbled across a forum thread like this and think I may of found one that does!!

I am going to give them a try but would rather stay with Asana.

Dear Marie, if you want to have a benchmark for how smart it can be done, then look no further than the functionality of Google Goals in their calendar. They add events to the calender, which can be automoved around to find space and which lets you track progress on a goal such as Bicycle daily, walk the dogs weekly, Buy a present for your wife bi weekly, etc.
Yours sincerely
Peter M .

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Michael_Majgaa and welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for sharing Google Goals on this thread, it ties up with a lot of Asana values! If you haven’t seen it yet, check out this video in which our CEO explains our vision for the next few years, it is very in line with what Google Goals does :slight_smile:

Hi, is there a way to set a recurring task to show due at a certain cadence? Similar to setting a recurring meeting or event through google calendar, can I set a task to show due every couple of weeks?

Hi @Allie_Cerone and welcome to the Forum!

As it stands this is not possible since new recurring tasks are only generated once the initial task is marked complete. I’ve gone ahead and moved your post to this existing #productfeedback thread which covers exactly this topic; if you haven’t yet, I’d highly recommend you to add your vote at the top of this thread!

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

I also found this annoying! The workaround I found was saving the task and uploading it to Google calendar - and then duplicating the calendar entry. This also allows you to set start and end-dates, something I can’t easily do as a non-paying Asana user. Hope this helps!!