Visibility of all Recurring tasks

Hello. I’ve just signed up with Asana as it promised me such great help with time management and task completion. It is imperative that I see our recurring tasks listed every week/day/month as most people in this thread have mentioned. It’s pretty much the only thing we need Asana for at this point in our business. I’m afraid that without it, Asana will be useless. Please update the product to include this feature as it appears to be a very popular request that would make your users happy. Thank you!

7 Likes

Chiming in that this feature would be very useful. Vital. Thank you

2 Likes

Vitial, indispendable, urgent - yes, please, Asana.

2 Likes

Yeap! To manage team time we definitely need that feature. Hey Asana team do you have an update ?
Thanks

2 Likes

Agreed. Trying to build out standard work with visibility to tasks on the Cal at all times. Do we have a timeline on when this feature will come?

2 Likes

I share this concern. I need to see recurring tasks on my calendar ahead of time, so that I don’t over-schedule. For me, this is a significant drawback of using Asana. Please fix it .

2 Likes

Just upgraded to paid subscription of Asana and realized this. This is a pretty important (and basic) feature

3 Likes

Just joined. Was looking around to find out why my first repeating calendar event isn’t repeating. Agree with all above - how silly. Guess all my deadlines stay on Google calendars for the team so we can actually see our workload for now? Too bad!

2 Likes

Hi,

i would like to add a repeating task to my Calendar which will show every month on the 1st.
i can do that in Asana but their is a way of seeing all future repeated tasks on the calendar view ?

right now i can see only 1 next task but i want to see this repeating in my schedule for live

Thanks a lot
Shai

2 Likes

Thanks for reaching out @Shai_Shapira! Just merging your post with Visibility of all Recurring tasks - #48 by Robby to avoid duplicates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for that!
when Asana is going to do something about it =]

4 Likes

Hi @Shai_Shapira! I don’t have any update at the moment, but I will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do! Thanks again for sharing your feedback, and for your patience, we really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks for keeping this afloat, Maria. My team is looking at leaving Asana due to this issue as the calendar functionality is massive for us. Please keep us posted as I would love to stay with this product.

7 Likes

My team also needs this feature to come to Asana. This could come as an option for reoccurring tasks, either create a new instance only when the current one is checked, or create all of them right from the beginning.

2 Likes

Shocked that this feature has been overlooked. I need to be able to see the future, not just tomorrow.

6 Likes

it’s inexcusable for this to still be an issue. asana has 100% dropped the ball for customers relying on calendars to actually look like, y’know… calendars. fail. sad. bad asana. do programming now. me a full calendar view needing a lot now.

5 Likes

Wird this still isn’t added, I’m looking for a project management tool for our team. The the last hours I tried if it meets our use-cases, and it did until I run into this issue. We have 2 weeks release cycles and I want to see ahead of time when our importent release dates are… Sad but I have to go looking for on other tool/platform now.

3 Likes

Why is this still not a thing? One of my clients is going to release videos to YouTube twice a week. Each video is a very layered process and I be processing many weeks worth of videos at once. I need to see which ones I have started processing, how far into the process I am (subtasks), and which ones I have completed. Do you expect me to manually create one item at a time?

4 Likes

I am using part of Asana as an editorial calendar, which includes repeating tasks. I was excited to see how easily I could set the recurring task…but requiring a task to be complete before it shows up repeatedly on the calendar view is unworkable. I’m planning months of content at a time and need to see the recurring “future” items in order to know where the gaps are. From reading all the feedback, this issue has been a sore point since at least March 2017. When will there be a fix?

6 Likes

Just spent all day getting my team set up here and realized this [lack-of] calendar feature. I thought i spent hours setting things up and had done something wrong. We’re using this for 100% recurring daily/weekly/monthly tasks. What’s your suggestion and what’s an anticipated date to release this feature?

3 Likes