Recurring task doesn't duplicate unless a due date is assigned

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have created some “Master Templates”. Within such templates, there are tasks that recur daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Said tasks do not have a due date associated with them (only a rule for when they should recur). When I duplicate the project, the recurrence rules do not duplicate. This is an issue because every time the project is duplicated, the recurrence rule needs to be readded for every single tasks (and there’s a long list).

Steps to reproduce:
Create a project
Create a task
Within the task enter a recurrence rule, but do not select a due date
Duplicate the entire project …
And you’ll find that the recurrence rule disappears

If you
Create a project
Create a task
Within the created task, enter the recurrence rule AND you select a date
You’ll find that the recurrence rule stays

Browser version:
Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Jeff_Kwong :wave:and thank you for taking time to report this.

I believe this is not a Bug but an expected behaviour since the guide article covering Recurring Tasks specify: “removing the entire due date from the task will stop the task from repeating again” That might be the reason why, when creating a new Project from that template, the recurring rule disappears.

Either way, I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for the Development Team to investigate this issue further so they can confirm if this is a Bug or an expected behaviour. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Again, thank you so much for reporting this! Have a great Tuesday!