Recurring task auto-populating, then the sub-tasks dates don't update

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

this is yet another example of the task auto-populating thanks to the recurring date, and then the sub-tasks dates don’t update, so you think it’s the old subtask, it gets marked complete, which isn’t correct. can you help me out with explaining or finding a workaround? I am running out of ways to ensure this Asana bug/quirk doesn’t continue to affect workflow.

I’m leaving the [completed] Q2 Agenda task here for context so you know what I’m talking about, but I created a new subtask for Q3 (not proper procedure but just so we can figure this out).

Steps to reproduce: See task below:
https://app.asana.com/0/inbox/1119110984740871/1120764970600631/1120763563987574

Browser version: Safari 12.1

Upload screenshots below:

Subtasks date are not correlated to the parent task date, even if it is recurring. So this is actually a normal behavior. One possible solution is the fact that Asana is rolling out templates with dates based on the project creation date, but in your case you want a task, not a whole project… :thinking:

@Phil_Seeman @James_Carl @lpb any idea?

1 Like

I agree with what you wrote, @Bastien_Siebman. That reference is here:

I’ll let Phil and Jim describe their own third-party solutions which might be of more direct help, and are available right now.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Hi @Keith_Pandeloglou, welcome to the Community Forum!

As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, subtasks do not inherit the due date from their parent tasks, for this reason this is working as intended. I also recommend you to have a look at the new feature to schedule project dates from a custom template. Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like