Recurring monthly tasks with subtask dependency

Hello!

I’m looking for advice on setting up recurring tasks that have dependencies. For instance for a monthly newsletter.

The tasks might be:
Main task: send monthly newsletter [dependency Subtask 3] (recurring 15th month)
Subtask 1: write copy (recurring 12th month)
Subtask 2: proof copy [dependency Subtask 1] (recurring 13th month)
Subtask 3: insert images [dependency Subtask 2] (recurring 14th month)

What is the best way to set this up? Is there a template I can model on?

Thank you!

Hi @Margaret4, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

You might find the answer given on this thread useful: Linking Recurring Dependent Tasks to a Master Recurring Task - Weekly Reporting - #2 by Alexis

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your response!

Unfortunately, the material doesn’t address the issue of recurring tasks with dependencies.

Can we go at this with a different angle. What are the recommendations for setting up a workflow for a recurring monthly project in which there are dependencies?

1 Like

I’d say a project template and you create one new project for each month when needed. Would that work?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion!

It would work, but it requires someone to remember to set up the new project.

As it’s a recurring project, we should be able to automate it in asana.

4 Likes

Creating the next project should be a task in the current project :slight_smile:

Have a look at The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Integromat & Automate, several tools have the ability to create a project. However only Flowsana from @Phil_Seeman can create from a template.

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman

Thank you for that link. Tbh, I think it’s a bit above my current level of project management task building!

Can you direct me to a sample workflow for newsletters?

Which part?

No sorry, maybe check out https://templana.com/

Fair question :slight_smile:

Thanks for the templana lead – I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for there, but I found one of the videos helpful.

I think I’m looking for an automation solution that doesn’t yet exist in asana.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.