"Recently Viewed Projects" in sidebar

While working in Asana, I often navigate away from a project I’m working through. It’s often to make improvements to a template project, but there are other situations it can happen (e.g. referencing a form submission, or just getting distracted by something). Navigating back to the project I was in can be cumbersome, because there’s not always an easy way to find it.

Example: We have a template project to process staff exits. It’s full of quick tasks that we need to do in IT to make sure we don’t forget any steps for closing out their account. In the middle of these tasks, I may need to reference a form submission, decide a task in the template could be improved, or simply get distracted, so I step away from my work. When I 'm ready to navigate back, I am either multiple pages away (go back to My Tasks, find a task from the project, click to the project) or some searching away (navigate to the proper team, scroll through the projects to find the one I was working in, or recall the name of the project and search for it). In short, I have to think for a moment to get back to work.

I’d like to have something like a “Recently Viewed Projects” section in the sidebar that shows a chronological view of the last few (five?) projects I’ve been in. Getting back to work, in most cases, would likely always be clicking the top item in this short list. I feel this would be a great productivity feature to help users get back to work. As an added bonus, if someone needed to bounce between two projects a few times, doing so would be quite simple.

Workarounds

• Favorited projects temporarily can help, but you have to remember to favorite it before navigating away, then remove it from favorites when finished.
  • Navigating back to the “My Tasks” section is another workaround, but if you have a lot of tasks, it may require some searching, and provides more opportunity to get distracted.
  • There is a “recent projects” section on the homepage, but it’s at the very bottom of the page, so you have to scroll down past favorites, etc, to get to it. This may be the quickest workaround, but still requires multiple steps, and provides opportunity for distraction.

Hi @Arden_De_Cuir, welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I’ve gone ahead and sent this information to our team in charge of the Voice of the Customer Program. I’m sure they will be interested to see your great use case and compare them with the current workarounds available. Thanks for the detailed feedback, it really help us to understand how this feature can be useful for your workflow!

Thanks again and I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have any news about this feature!