Receiving tasks via email from non-project members

Is there a way to allow non-members of a project to send an email to add a task to a project? I’ve got a team of people I only want to send an email with some story ideas and have those added as a task. But, I don’t want them to have access to the project in Asana… just send their email.

Thank you.

Anyone with the asana email can send in an email. But that could be a challenge getting someone outside to send emails to a random email.

1. You could set up a web form that will send the response to your asana email.

2. If you have the ability to create email accounts. Like story@company.com and filter it to go to the asana email.

3. Google form submission or another custom API solution.

Hi @Brian16 and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

As it stands, it is no possible to create a Task by email if you are not a member or guest of the Project.

Li @Cary mentioned, one workaround could be creating an email account set up to create Tasks in that particular Project every time this account receives an email. It is called Auto-Forward Emails and you can learn how to do it in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/email/email-to-asana#gl-forwarding

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any follow-up questions! Have a great Friday!

2 Likes