Real time, two ways Calendar integration

Is there a way to email an Outlook calendar appointment to Asana? When I try to do this the due date/time is not included in the task.

Hi @anon22897937, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Currently, Calendar sync is one-way. This means it is not yet possible for Outlook events to show in Asana.

We have a very popular thread in the #productfeedback category requesting this feature so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with this to keep all feedback consolidated.

Iā€™ll loop back in should we have any updates! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any moves to put this in place? Iā€™ve been gradually migrating projects and business processes in to Asana for the last couple of weeks and have been really pleased with it. Have just started building all of our scheduled live jobs in to a calendar and a little bit stunned to find the Google Calendar integration so lacking. Was looking at moving to a paid plan but this is a pretty critical workflow and time management feature for me. Even making one way sync from Asana to Google work faster would make a big difference.

2 Likes

Asana? 454 votes and 4 years wait? Whatā€™s the go? Why no 2 way sync?

11 Likes

Clickup manages two-way live syncing. Trying to lay the blame at Googleā€™s end seemsā€¦inaccurate? Definitely unsatisfying. 4 years running, and this has gone no where?

3 Likes

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath,

Me and my team (6) are now scouting for a project management tool, to replace trello, so we have been testing a few apps and watching lots of youtube tutorials, etcā€¦

One major point for us is to be able to have a proper integration with our Google Workspace apps, where Google Calendar is included and has a major roll in our workflowā€¦

We all have several calendars synced between the team, so itā€™s imperative for us to have a way and place where we can all see the company editorial calendar (with specific occurring hours) together with the other calendars that each one has to avoid overlapping.

We still have not decided if we will go with ASANA, so we are not yet a paying team, but to know that Asana in 2021 has not yet addressed an integration with such an important app and widely used like Google calendar, makes me wandering the tons of other less known but still very important integrations and proper syncs that are also not available.

Hope that you donā€™t get offended for my first interaction in this forum, but it seems that Asana team doesnā€™t read or worst doesnā€™t care about the requests and needs of their users.

This post has 4 years, so anything besides knowing that the Dev team has this already schedule to be done in x couple of weeks/months doesnā€™t make any sense.

Regards and have a great day,
Pedro Tavares

7 Likes

Ciao @fabiio

Iā€™m back again for my monthly check in so thought Iā€™d say hiā€¦ Still no two-way google calendar sync @asana. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

I would like to be able to sync my Outlook calendar so whenever I create new event, it shows up in my project timeline.

We currently create one project for all work and each project gets created as a task. When our project planners are looking to allocate work, they only look in Asana as opposed to checking our Outlook calendars too - so we look pretty free. I would like to be able to sync my calendar so that it shows up in the project timeline and is assigned to me.

Is this possible?

Chris

2 Likes

Hi @anon62941133, thanks for providing this feedback.

While this isnā€™t currently possible, it is a popular feature request. Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with an existing thread in the #productfeedback category to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll keep you updated in the main thread if our Product team implements this feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much!!

Is there an ETA for this functionality yet?

Hi, I am using the Outlook Asana integration to send emails to Asana, but would it be possible to send events (meetings) to Asana with that addin? (or by any other method?)

Thanks

Hi @Patrick.EMIN, great question! As it stands, our calendar integration only syncs one way (Asana ā†’ Outlook).

Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged your post with an existing thread in the #productfeedback category requesting this feature. Hopefully this is something our Product team and introduce in the future! :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll keep you posted if I have any updates :slight_smile:

Searching for a better project management, time tracking, and billing integration platform. Checking in again on Asana and various other providers. I have reinstalled and tested Asana again and it still does not have real-time 2-way sync with Google Calendar. I am really surprised this has gone on for years. Passing on Asana.

6 Likes

Adding my vote here. managing multiple project on multiple calendars is extremely difficult with Asana because in Timeline view you cannot see other projects overlappingā€¦also when adjusting the left column to see the full name of the sections, you cant. it cuts it off and hovering over the name of the section doesnā€™t work either. This is broken and needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

Adding my vote for this feature. Pretty disappointing a v2 was teased four years ago. Using Asana has proven to be a never ending list of to dos just to do the basics in our small business. We simply donā€™t have the resources to manage so many different tools. 2 way sync is critical. We invest in sophisticated software to make our work easier, but that just doesnā€™t seem to panning out with Asana. Looking for alternatives at this point.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,
At zzBots, we just released the feature to 2-Way Sync tasks with the start & end dates/times between Asana and Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar. This feature is only available for Asana Premium, Business, and Enterprise users.

You can install one or both of these new syncs below:

Asana Premium / Google Calendar | 2-Way Sync

Asana Premium / Microsoft Outlook Calendar | 2-Way Sync

You can find and install the original 2-Way Sync between Asana and Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar here.

1 Like

Hi! I followed instructions on how to integrate Asana with Google Calendar. I am able to see my tasks in my Google Calendars, but not the reverse. None of my calendar meetings show up in ā€œmy tasksā€ on Asana which is a huge let down for a paying subscriber. What is your timeline for getting real time, two ways calendar integration?

A few points that I hope you may find helpful:

1. Are "My Tasks" and Google Calendar sync features broken? - #6 by Sam_Friedman1 (My answer: Yes)

2. Asana has a policy of never giving a lookahead as to which features they will be addressing

3. If you are reliably getting your Asana tasks to all show up in your Google calendar and update within a reasonable time (< 1 day), you are way ahead of most users as to results on this feature

2 Likes

Time/calendar blocking is one of the most powerful productivity tools. Asana can suffer from being a ā€œlimitless to-do listā€.

To do time blocking, I find myself switching back and forth between asana and my calendar app.

Are there any plans for integrating time/calendar blocking functionality inside asana?

2 Likes