Real time, two ways Calendar integration

@bob_christensen, I just sent you a direct message. For anyone else that is interested, just click on my name and click on Message to send me a direct message. That way we aren’t flooding the chat with information that does not apply to everyone.

3 Likes

Im also waiting for a google calendar sync for a while now…
Maybe have to move to another platform too… wakey-wakey Asana!

1 Like

Dear Asana Dev Team, Dear @Alexis,

kindly tell the community, how it can be realized by third party (@Maggie_Reddi) and working fine, but it cannot by Asana itself. I really believe, that I am not the only user beeing curious about that.

Your statement will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Daniel

4 Likes

@Daniel_Krueger I’m with you but I think the reality is they don’t give a crap :frowning: I just resolved to thinking it’s never going to happen but they can’t delete this thread because that would make them look bad so they just let it run and ignore it.

2 Likes

We are also in need of the sync between GC and Asana. Will likely downgrade (from Premium) to the free version and find something that will be more beneficial.

1 Like

Hey folks - Thanks for checking in, @Daniel_Krueger. To your comment @Sam_Leahey - I can assure you that our team does care. I’m sorry to hear you don’t feel this way, as our team genuinely considers all the requests of our Community. To clarify, this product feedback section of the Community is not an ideation community, but rather a place to make the product team aware of your feedback. I send the team a monthly update of the top voted requests, and this thread was part of the December list. The team considers lots of different factors when making product updates - you can learn about them in detail here: **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next. I especially encourage you to read the Medium post by Jackie Bavaro, Asana’s head of Product, so you can learn more specifically how we approach our product roadmap.

3 Likes

It’s hard for me and/or other NOT to feel that way @Alexis. It would epic if this feature get’s dialed in but I’m not holding my breath given all the above :frowning:

I’ll keep checking in on this thread though from time to time just in case!

2 Likes

@Alexis I think they are relatively different below.

1. Realtime sync
  2. Two-way sync
  3. “Team Calendar” sync

They are all needed for me, but I want to separate discussion.
Espesially for “Team Calendar” sync feature.

4 Likes

Sorry, I forgot this.
4. Due-time sync

3 Likes

please add real time sync!
im sure there is a solution for this

2 Likes

Yes! Can this please be done like yesterday??? This is a killer.

We need to have real time sync with Calendar and Mobile notifications like ASAP.

Podio does this and it rocks! You guys are a leader so now is the time to really step it up and make it happen.

Are you guys even working on this yet?

3 Likes

Hey everybody, have you voted this topic?
This feature request will get 3rd priority with 10 more votes.
See below.
https://forum.asana.com/c/productfeedback/l/votes

6 Likes

I’m using a messy ‘set a tag’ and a zapier recipe just to create orphaned events on gcal so I can schedule my day. A real-time 2-way sync that can be filtered by project and/or tag would be a big help!

1 Like

Happy New Year, @Alexis!!

Any updates on this?? What did the product team say about this feature in the December meeting?

Real time, two way, calendar integration would be a wonderful way of starting 2018 for many of us :slight_smile:

Thanks!!
Ángel.-

3 Likes

Hi @angeliti - Happy new year and thanks for your enthusiasm. :slight_smile: I’m unable to report on the product roadmap, but please know the team is aware of the request.

4 Likes

Please, help us out. The same request is being posted by iCloud users, as I have read in the forum. So please, make us all happy and integrate it with the Google Calendar. Since Sunrise is not in the map, we are all doomed.

1 Like

Hey Maggie, I’m interested in the G Cal sync as well but can’t see where to message you.

1 Like

Oh, so it’s secret!! :thinking:

In that case I will keep my fingers crossed…

Hope you have a great start of the year, @Alexis!! Thank you for your quick answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can get started at this link: https://office.reddiapps.com/processes/asana/googlecalendar.aspx.

Let me know if you run into any problems during the setup.

Thanks,

Maggie

5 Likes

Hi -

Just want to add our voice to the thread (and just voted). We’re new users migrating from Basecamp 2.

We were aware of limited calendar functionality in Asana but since we saw this: Sync to Calendar + Asana: Merge tasks with calendars • Asana we assumed that we could use Google Calendar. Admittedly we didn’t look closely enough to realize that it was only a one way sync. Or that Google Calendar is not one of the Google file types allowed when adding files.

So thanks Maggie - we will be checking out your Project Buddy tool.

But really Asana - so far we love your app, but your promotion of Google Calendar integration could be more clearly stated. Looking forward to seeing real Google Calendar sync functionality in Asana one day!

Cindy

5 Likes