Raise file size limit from computers (currently 100MB).

We create bug tickets with videos of reproduction steps quite often.
Some of the videos exceed 100MB, so we need to put those video files on Dropbox and put the links on the tickets.

The problems here are

• It is simply a hassle to put files on the cloud outside Asana
  • Sometimes videos are deleted by mistake on the cloud (then Asana users cannot see them anymore)

So I would like to request increasing the file size limit at least for the paying users.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Yuichi_Kato! I’ve gone ahead and slightly edited the title of your thread so it better reflects your request and is more discoverable to other users. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some update on this topic!

1 Like

Thanks @Marie!

I sometimes attach video files from mobile apps, so I do not want to limit it only from computers.

2 Likes

Went searching for how to increase the 25MB limit in forms and came across this request. Why has this not been updated to allow 100MB instead of (4) 25 MB files?

Your help guide specifically states “There is a 100MB per file limit…” (Adding comments & attachments to tasks | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) There is no mention of the 25MB limit that the forms state. This is quite confusing. If the limit is 25MB per file and you an attach up to 4 files (100MB), the state it that way. The way it reads right now, someone should be able to use the form to upload a single file of up to 100MB.

1 Like

It would be great to see this request be implemented by Asana!

1 Like

I agree with the statements above. We are looking to attach files to the forms and have files that are 30MB or 38MB but combined are under the 100MB and it still won’t let us attach due to the hidden 25MB file limit in the forms. Can you change to allow the full 100MB per form and not restrict each file size?

For paid plans, I could see this can being an add-on with reasonable pricing based on usage. The file size limit is likely in place to maximize platform bandwidth and reduce storage costs. Given that not all organizations require an increase, but some do, an add-on makes sense here.

There’s a limit of MB for the “File Upload” function in a form. Is there a way to increase that limit?

@Lindsey_Gano, I’ve moved your request to a thread where you can vote for this request at the top.

Larry

1 Like

What is the status of this request? I am sure that after 3 years Asana has an official response, or intended remedies to fix this feature limitations. All responses to the topic point to this thread for answers and updates…

I am anew user to asana. It would be greatly appreciated if the file size limit could be lifted.

Has there been a there a solution to the 25 MB single file limit? @Asana Team ?