Question on using marking option for tasks

Hi Asana people. Question: some of our team order tasks by using the feature that allows them to be marked as ‘for today, for upcoming or for later’ to then view and prioritise individual tasks further in the ‘My Tasks’ view. However, when you search for a task and open it up in a task window, is it possible to mark it from the task window? Can’t see any option to do so. Thank you for your help!

Hi @Wietse and welcome to the Forum!

This prioritisation feature (Today, Upcoming, Later) is only available for My Tasks, you can learn more about it in https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/my-tasks. When searching for a specific task via the Advanced Search, Asana will by default show you tasks in the project they belong to, from there you won’t be able to prioritise your task, so I’d recommend working directly from My Tasks (you can also access your colleagues My Tasks by searching for their name via the Advanced Search).

Hope this helps but let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

While there’s no way to do it via the UI, you can mark a task via keyboard shortcuts when you’re focused in its right-hand detail pane:

3 Likes