Queries for Tags, Sync to Calendar and List view print

Hello,

1. Is it possible to rename tags? I see this option here - How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide . But how I get here?
  2. Can I see the tags for each task next to them in List/Calendar view? Or for that matter Custom Field?
  3. Once I have synced by Project to google Calendar, will the Google calendar event sent reminders for task due dates?
  4. Is there a way to Print the List/Calendar view? Even better for a date range?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @SyncUp
Welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

1. Yes it is possible to rename the tag! (Just a tag to a task then click over the tag you want to rename then all the task with the same tag will be listed then click on the down arrow beside the tag name at the top left side then click rename tag)
    for more information please follow this guide How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

2. You will able to see the tag color small square box in calendar view and when you hover then you will able to see which tag was it!

3. Yes you will get reminders

4. You can take a screenshot or use printscreen feature or win+p to print or save the page!

1 Like

@Soumyadeep_Mandal I am good with 1 and 2.

For 3. I am the admin of the workspace and project. I am syncing the Google calendar. Now will a assignee for a task, will get a Google Event reminder in their respective email? i.e even if their profile is not synced to the Gmail Calender.

1. I am gathering from answer, that Asana doesn’t provide a print facility for the List view?
1 Like

Hey @SyncUp

1. Basically, if you sync Asana with Google Calendar, it won’t send an email but it will send you a reminder notification on your mobile if you have logged in with the same Gmail account to which you have synced the Asana task reminders! (It will show you notifications! It won’t send email reminders!)

for email reminders check out

1. That is why I asked you to take a screenshot!

for more detailed information please read these guides & integrations Google Calendar + Asana • Asana
https://asana.com/guide/help/api/calendar-sync#gl-gcal
Project Buddy + Asana: Sync with Google Calendar • Asana
Connect your Asana to Google Calendar integration in 2 minutes | Zapier
Automate.io

@Soumyadeep_Mandal well email notifications for Task due dates it seems is possible only by rules, which is a premium feature.

Thanks for the inputs.

@SyncUp, Here are some key answers not yet provided:

In List View, click the Customize button (top-right) and ensure the toggle for Tags is turned on in order to have a Tags column in your List View.

In Google Calendar you can edit the appointment to set/add reminders of different types. These apply to you since it’s your Google Calendar, not to others in Asana who may be associated to the task.

Some rules for upcoming and overdue tasks are/will be available to Basic (free) Asana plans for My Tasks v2. See the announcements section for recent and upcoming mentions of this rollout now in progress.

In List or Calendar view, open the Project Actions menu (the down arrow next to the project name in the header) and choose Export/Print > Print.

Asana’s built-in printing is very inflexible. You may also want to consider my Asana2Go extension for printing:

Hope that helps,

Larry

@lpb Thank you for the inputs. I am looking forward to the implementation of the announcement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.