Q&A with the Asana PM who helped launch custom fields!

I know Custom Templates is in beta. Do you expect release on the near horizon

1 Like

@James_Carl we love hearing your ideas and this is certainly a workaround that works for some use cases and less well for others. In order for us to make sure we’re addressing your use case well, I would love to get context on your workflow. For example, sorting my due date within a project works well for people who are focused on one project at a time. However, if you are working across multiple projects, searching and then favoriting that search with default sort may work better.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely take it into consider for the next iteration.

This is a feature we’re testing with a few customers now and hope to release more broadly this year!

Thank you so much for your questions! It was a lot of fun getting to chat live with you all and discuss Asana. Til next time!

-Lili

2 Likes

Hello All,

Is there a recording of the LIVE follow-up? I missed it and would love to catch up.

@Dan_Olson Unfortunately, no recording of this! Lili just wrote her replies in this thread.

2 Likes

@James_Carl If i understand correctly #1, i found a workaround, i believe it’s a bug (and hopefully Asana wont fix it until they have a better solution :smile:) my issue was i wanted to have 1 filter that shows me all items that has the tag “Waiting For” (outside people non asana ) and has both dated and undated tasks so i added to the Filter “Due Date within the last 999 Months (not days, weeks)” See here how it works

@Leiby_Markowitz Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the search and the “Waiting On” did show at the top. It is a start but it is commingled with other tasks. Hopefully Asana will refine to only “Waiting On” soon. Thanks again for your idea.

1 Like

@James_Carl BTW the “waiting for” i was referring to is my own tag

I realise I’m very late to this discussion, but I’d like to second this idea. Since rolling out Asana in the past few weeks, the most common complaint from our team has been the crowded sidebar. Evernote’s stacks approach would be the ideal solution.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Can guests view custom fields?