Push Notifications at 'Due Time'

Asana, I want to roll this platform out to my team, but can’t without push notifications! Is this likely to happen soon?

Is there any way to not get the inbox notifications of tasks due? I’d like to keep my inbox only for discussions on tasks, and keep track of what’s due using the calendar…

Today I even got notifications of tasks due, that were already marked finished… :slight_smile:

+1 for this, due time is useless if there isn’t any prompt. I’d like to have push notification on android/iphone when the due time is met (just like any todo list app)

Are we any closer to this being considered for a feature update? I tried to use Asana to replace the iOS Reminders app but without alerts I can’t. Asana is one of the few apps I need to see alerts from, but they are non-existent. Thanks for considering this.

1 Like

I’ll add my voice to this. I need alerts too!

1 Like

Please add this feature!
I run a translation agency.
After testing lots of apps we have decided to start using Asana for its very appealing layout and because it allows us to add a ‘due time’ (many other apps don’t).
We were just starting to set our board when we realized that it doesn’t send alerts!! Due times and alerts are a must for us!!
Why pay for an app don’t doesn’t do this?
Unfortunately, we are sticking with our ‘rudimentary’ calendar (huntcal) for now – it allows us to work as a team, add events and set alerts.

3 Likes

One more vote cast in the ballot for this feature! Push notifications staying active on my iPhone screen are a huge motivator to get a task cleared. I know I can log into the app daily and see what is set for “Today” or has a due date of today’s date, but a little red badge telling me that I need to attend to something is a personal challenge from my phone to get it taken care of and cleared. If anything due on today’s date, or due in the past could continue to show as a red badge with a number it would be soooo helpful.
Then, with less critical tasks, the task could be grouped into the “today” group but not given an actual due date. This would prevent it from coming up as a push notification. That would be the best delineation in my opinion.

Thanks for being awesome,

Scott

2 Likes

+1 on having push notifications occur at Due Time - this is a critical missing feature, especially for the mobile app. I often have 15-20 tasks due on any given day and getting that many notifications sent in the middle of the night to my phone and/or email is totally counterproductive. I just end up deleting them all because it’s unhelpful clutter. Right now, I have to turn all notifications off and it’s making me rethink the usefulness of this program. Having the ability to select whether you want notifications to occur based on Due Date OR Due Time would be magical.

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I came here to say something that might interest more people. I created a Zap on Zapier(zapier.com) for every time I create a task in Asana’s “Notify” project, create a reminder task in Wunderlist. For now, it solved the problem.

2 Likes

Love Asana. +1 for wanting push notifications on Android at the actual time of day set in the due date for the task. Ditto that getting push notifications in a single batch after midnight has not been a great solution for me.

2 Likes

Great tip. I too did this but I struggle with two problems. The first is that when I create a new task in Asana it directly pops up in Wunderlist without due date or due time. It’s so fast so nothing else is sent to Wunderlist. The only solution I found was to work with a TAG named WUNDERLIST but then I have to wait 15 minutes for it to show up in Wunderlist. Am I doing something wrong? Also I have problem coping the comments I can only get notes to follow in the wunderlist task. Cheers

Humm, I am doing like that:
I create the task on my project “Example project”. After put all the infos, like due date(with time), also add to other project “Notify”.
So, the task will be in 2 different projects: “Example project” and “Notify”
When I put the project “Notify” on this task, the task will be sent to Wunderlist

About the comments, why you need this on Wunderlist? I use Asana to everything, my Wunderlist is closed all the time.

My only problem now, is that when I put the “Notify” project in a recurring task, there is some bug that the task created by asana, is sent to wunderlist with wrong date(my task have due date on 11pm and was sent to Wunderlist in the next day 15pm)

I love recurring tasks in Asana but would love be notified :frowning:

(Sorry for english errors)

Great solution. Now it works perfect with due date and reminder and so sweet that I know get notifications on my own project. I agree comments is not necessary but I like the fact that I can transfer notes but maybe I need to create longer task names. I will give recurring tasks a chance.

Let’s keep in touch.

Cheers

Skickat från min iPhone

5 jan. 2018 kl. 18:02 skrev Rafael.Stellato <asana@discoursemail.commailto:asana@discoursemail.com>:

[https://sjc3.discourse-cdn.com/business5/user_avatar/forum.asana.com/rafael.stellato/45/3055_1.png] Rafael.Stellatohttps://forum.asana.com/u/rafael.stellato
January 5

Humm, I am doing like that:
I create the task on my project “Example project”. After put all the infos, like due date(with time), also add to other project “Notify”.
So, the task will be in 2 different projects: “Example project” and “Notify”
When I put the project “Notify” on this task, the task will be sent to Wunderlist

About the comments, why you need this on Wunderlist? I use Asana to everything, my Wunderlist is closed all the time.

My only problem now, is that when I put the “Notify” project in a recurring task, there is some bug that the task created by asana, is sent to wunderlist with wrong date(my task have due date on 11pm and was sent to Wunderlist in the next day 15pm)

I love recurring tasks in Asana but would love be notified [:frowning:]

(Sorry for english errors)

1 Like

I totaly Agree. Having an notification / alarm on the “Due Time” would be great.

3 Likes

I recently built myself a little tool that will sync Asana tasks in a specific project to a google calendar, this includes the due date and time, that way you can set up calendar notifications, would anyone be interested in that? Just like this reply so I can get a feel for how many people might be interested, if there’s enough I’ll see if I can make what I build usable by anyone.

11 Likes

Adding my name to the list. Push notifications at Due Time is essential! So surprised to find out this isn’t currently the case. A batch of notifications at midnight is nearly useless. Fingers crossed for a solution soon.

1 Like

Just adding my name to the list.

1 Like

@Chris_Harrison make sure to upvote the post, this is what’s important.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

If you are interested in notifications at Due Time, you can accomplish this with a synchronization we’ve built with the Google Calendar. We can synchronize your tasks to start at the due date (& time) and you can configure the calendar to have a reminder of your choosing. You can find out more here: https://office.reddiapps.com/processes/asana/googlecalendar.aspx.

Thanks,

Maggie

6 Likes

I completely agree -please add this feature ASAP so that I don’t miss tasks I have assigned, nor go back and forth between reminders applications