Push 2-3-4 weeks later very quickly

Hi :wave:

Very often, I need to push a task in the future, by 2-3-4 weeks. For example, I contacted a client today and I want to remind them in 3 weeks. Right now I assign the task to myself, change the due date manually to a random day in 3 weeks and push the task to Later.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this quicker? Flowsana does not support this use case yet.

Thanks!

cc @lpb @Phil_Seeman @Julien_RENAUD

2 Likes

I thought about creating in advance one project per week, and do a Tab + P to choose a week in the future…

1 Like

Hey @Bastien_Siebman,

While Flowsana’s If-Then Rules won’t do this for you (yet), its Hashtag Recognition feature will! You might find that faster than setting each of the elements separately.

Once you enable a project for hashtag recognition, you could type this, for example, in the task’s Description:

#me #in 3 weeks !later

That will do exactly what you described above:

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman, I have two suggestions:

Recently I started doing this (in the past I used the method you outlined of Later/Due Date/Assign to me): Multi-home the task into a Pending project and also a specific section in there. Use sections for Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, and whatever other special ones you want. In your case, you could also have 1st week of month (maybe eliminate this and just use Monthly for these?), 2nd week, 3rd week, 4th week sections. For each section you need a single recurring task to remind you to look at that set of tasks, in case any are there, and triage/complete them. The simpler version I started using has been working well for me. This share some similarity with your add project idea but I prefer the single project.

The other approach is to assign a tag like Snoozed-Tomorrow, Snoozed-2Weeks, etc. and set up Zapier rules. I know that they have a rule when a tag is assigned; not sure offhand what date calculations are supported/needed, but worth a shot.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

Thank you both. I am onboarding one of the team members of iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations to be my personal assistant, I think I’ll try to design a process using her skills :slight_smile:

1 Like