Project Templates- Dynamic Due Dates (T+)

I’ll test

@Phil_Seeman I would love to test as well!

That’s great, @Alexis_Duffy! If you could, please submit this very short form so I can get you in the system: Flowsana Beta-Test Signup. Thanks!

1 Like

Our company has been increasingly standardizing and routinizing our processes, deliverables, and workflows. Having dynamic due dates is going to be a huge must for us at some point in 2019. I really hope this feature comes soon from Asana itself, as much as I appreciate all the third party endeavors.

1 Like

Please, please, please, pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry :cherries:on top!

We would love to have this “dynamic due dates” in projects, along with dynamic dates for subtasks as well. I’m not sure if Asana already supports the ability to maintain “marked as dependent on…” links between tasks when creating from a template, but if not, add that to my list list too (haven’t tried it, because I would need it in conjunction with the dynamic due dates feature). These would make Asana soooo much better.

2 Likes

Hi Millor, we are a clinical research site and would love some of this action. We have a lot of moving parts and “smart” date/times would be a game changer for us.

1 Like

My organization iterates over nearly identical projects with roughly two week timelines, so you can imagine how repetitive it would be to manually adjust timelines in all of those projects when you get little delays here and there. This feature would save us a lot of time and effort.

1 Like

Millor,

Thank you. Got time today?

Graham

Hey Millor,

Thank you for the consideration, but we’ve still not completely settled on Asana, because we keep running into various issues of things we need. I’m trying to get Asana to address these concerns directly.

It’s great the community can develop solutions for features the product lacks, but from experience, the core product needs to include my truly needed features and the core company needs to provide the support for them. Once I create dependencies on individual developers (and this is in no way a commentary on you), I’m subject to that developer’s other work demands, server downtime, project abandonment, life circumstances, support capabilities, etc.

I’m excited for you, and I know numerous people have asked for this over the years, so I hope your solution is an immense success.

1 Like

Got it! Before I waste your time, can you give me an idea on pricing?

And do you have a youtube video or something I can watch outlining what this is?

We are all about something that can set dates automatically based on the first date. Just don’t want to spend $1,000,000

Looking forward to checking this out!

You might want to also check out my Flowsana integration which solves the exact issue discussed in this thread via its Dynamic Duration Workflow.

(FYI Millor and I are friendly colleagues and have communicated and seen each others’ solutions; I definitely recommend you check out his solution as well as mine, as they take somewhat different approaches to the problem.)

2 Likes

I am interested in being a beta tester for dynamic due dates. Thanks

Hi Michael,

I recommend checking out https://flowsana.net/ developed by @Phil_Seeman. It can be very helpful regarding dynamic due dates.

Best!

2 Likes

Is there a way to create a template with automatic due dates and assigned people?
For example, could I have a Template:

• 1 day quote follow up phone call assigned to person 1 (automatic due date of 1 day from creation(
  • 5 day email follow up assigned to person 2 (automatic due date of 5 days from creation )

Hi @Nicholas_Paton, welcome to the Community Forum! This is a great question and we have already a thread on this topic. I have gone ahead and merged your post with Project Templates- Dynamic Due Dates (T+) to centralize feedback. I hope you don’t mind!

Let me know if you have any questions.

YES PLEASE let’s get this created @asana!

+1 interested in dynamic due dates native to Asana functionality.

This would be AMAZING. Asana, as this ask has been out for 2+ years, do you have an updated ETA for this functionality?

+1. Any ETA @Asana?

One of our commonly used task templates has a long list (20-30+) of subtasks attached to it, with corresponding due dates based on specific amounts of time prior to the “final” due date.

For example, when we hold a “101” class on May 1, there are certain tasks leading up to the class date the day before, a week prior, three weeks prior, etc. We hold these “101” classes, among others, multiple times per month, and I lose a lot of time manually assigning due dates to the tasks leading up to it every time we schedule a course.

A feature that would make my life much easier would be if we could pre-set those due date ‘intervals’ in a template so that once the top-level task’s due date is assigned, the rest of those lead-up tasks would automatically have their dates assigned.