Project Folders (sub-teams)

Great Post. I am now done with my last try at Asana - been looking about 4 yrs, not quite as long haha! But not encouraging that this thread is getting zero attention from the Asana team.

I just got in fact banned in another post for daring to mention the other services out there that offer this, and I have to believe are siphoning away users who need it. I’ll refrain from mentioning names, who knows maybe this post will get censored as well! At least they didn’t ban your content - my banned post mention a few of those you did, but not quite as many!

Cheers and great commentary, maybe it will somehow help this feature along!

1 Like

@phil11223 Personally I’m less upset about this feature now and far more upset about another recent discovery: that there is no swipe to delete functionality in the mobile app anymore, and users literally have to take five separate actions in order to delete a single task. Honestly, this product deserves to crash and burn if the company doesn’t realize how insane that is. Hopefully customers realize how cruddy the product has gotten and vote with their wallets.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree with you more. There are just some annoyances in Asana that always prevent me from moving forward, you’re referencing one of them.

I wonder at times how much Asana is benefitting from early adoption among large teams and just riding that wave. There are so many quality-of-life fixes they could make, that other competitors are doing all the time given the space is so hot right now, but disappointingly this feature is not getting any attention at all…

I think that’s exactly it. More than some of the new entrants to the space, Asana has the luxury of a lot of customers who got locked in early. They’re not going anywhere. The company is insulated against their own poor product design because for so many of their teams it’s not worth it to switch.

1 Like

@Natalia I want to revive this since it’s a new year. We just started switching our teams to using Asana and we’re still getting adjusted. We’re about 2 weeks in and I’ve been playing with how to organize things the most efficient way for us still. I just thought about “folders” this morning and found this thread. It’d be so great to have this. Because we can have video, graphics, and web projects all for one client. It’s weird having them all under one project. But if we could have a folder that would contain all of those projects that’d make things wonderfully. Thanks!

1 Like

@Natalia - Can you please provide some clarity on this critical missing feature? I migrated my team to ClickUp nearly 2 years ago because of this flaw with Asana, and routinely check back, only to be shocked that you still haven’t developed a way to organize project. I cannot think of another platform that doesn’t offer this basic functionality. Is it even on the roadmap, or has it been ruled out by the project team? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello. It seems the whole organization has the same licence level. You can not have a Team with premium and another with basic

Really bush league that you guys can’t even have the courtesy to respond to such a huge request, such a key piece in any Project Management tool, for over a year! The last response is from Jan 20!!! So much for my returning to Asana…

This is such a great to illustrate this right in Asana’s face, and you don’t actually have anybody here bothering to respond officially! Really disrespectful and presumptuous, reaffirming my long-holding assertions about the arrogance of Asana…

@Natalia @Marie - Can you please provide the courtesy of a response? Thank you.

Hi @James_Leo,

I’m afraid I don’t have an update on this request at the moment but I’m closely following this thread and will update it as soon as I have an update on my end!

Thank you for the response, Marie. I’ll remind you and the team that passionate users / former users like myself first surfaced this issue in June of 2017, nearly 4 years ago.

I have a question. Can you identify another reputable project management software platform that does not have this feature? Perhaps Trello comes to mind, but I’m not aware of others.

Thanks, and I really hope this fundamental shortfall eventually gets the attention it deserves from developers.

1 Like

Exactly! .edu folks that work for different orgs within 1 university get completely messed over by this!

1 Like

@Marie @Natalia - I’m writing to follow up on my question below. Thanks.

I have a question. Can you identify another reputable project management software platform that does not have this feature? Perhaps Trello comes to mind, but I’m not aware of others.

Thanks, and I really hope this fundamental shortfall eventually gets the attention it deserves from developers.

I would love this as well. More control over sections within a project would also be helpful. I use asana to track my teams software development in a RMS for fire departments. We have some very large projects breaking out our plans and requests. We just need some better control over organizing it.

@Marie @Natalia Any update on whether or not we can consolidate projects into folders? I see the last responses were in February, just seeing if there’s an update. Thank you!!

LAUREN

HI @Lauren_Salapatek

No update at the moment and I don’t believe this is in our near-term plans. We’ll continue sharing your feedback with our product team and will keep you posted as soon as we have an update!

I think that the portfolios are great solution to organize your projects. It’s actually very close to folders and can be more useful in some workflows.

With a long list of projects, I’m finding this increasingly neccessary - Folders in the sidebar, with the ability to expand/collapse folders.

1 Like

This may help: Asana Sidebar Folders - Chrome Web Store

1 Like