Profile details showing to others even when I appear as Private User to them

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When I appear as Private User to someone (correctly) my profile is still shown (incorrect, I believe).

Steps to reproduce:
Hover the avatar for a case of a Private User avatar for which that user (who is otherwise private) has entered profile info.

Browser version:
Desktop and mobile (but not sure which desktop and which mobile since it was seen by someone else who told me about it, not me)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Thanks for the report @lpb,

I’m looking into this and will keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

2 Likes

Hi @lpb and thanks for your patience!

Our team suspects that this user might, in fact, be able to see you and that the Bug here rather have to do with Private User (Utilisateur privé) being displayed in place of your name. In order to get to the bottom of this, we would need some information that can’t be shared publicly in the Forum; @lpb could you please DM with the following information:

• Email address of your colleague
  • URL of the task where he was able to access this info from

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi folks, quick update on this!

After talking to our Development Team, I can confirm that in this situation, because you’re both following one task in common in this Org, you should be able to see each other. The fact you’re partially seeing each other is a bug; @Julien_RENAUD instead of seeing “Utilisateur Privé” (Private User), you should see Larry’s name, along with the profile info you already have access to.

As a side note, we’re also going to update our Guide article to reflect that users not only when they belong to a Team or a project in common, but that this is also true at the task level!

Closing this thread for now, but feel free to reach out if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like