Task Template View Only that still allows copying and editing of the copy!

We use very detailed task templates in various projects across our organization. Unfortunately, since there is currently no way to lock the template, allow copying of the template, and then editing of the copy OR granular permission settings for task templates we are constantly having to fix or recreate the task templates. Other employees accidentally start filling out the template/removing fields in the description, removing collaborators, deleting subtasks (that contain numerous other tasks) etc. It is a huge issue and extremely time-consuming to constantly be fixing.

We have done numerous departmental training, 1 on 1 training, and real-time support/assistance to prevent this, but it is unfortunately inevitable.

I love Asana (have used for over 6 years at various companies) and am responsible for rolling it out at Well+Good. However, constantly dealing with task template massacring by our sales, marketing, and editorial departments is killing myself and other org managers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rollout this functionality!

hooray for description text formatting! :clap:

Dear Asana, any progress on this? Thx.

Update - I spoke directly with a sales rep a couple months ago who said he escalated it to their product team, but then I never heard anything back. It is mind boggling to me that you won’t acknowledge this request nor see how important of a feature it is to your customers Asana!

Hi everyone!

I’m thrilled to announce we’re launching Task Templates! :tada: With this update, you can create templates in your projects without worrying the task templates will be edited by accident.

Our first version of Task Templates allows you to create a templated task with preset subtasks, assignees, and due dates. Once you’ve created a Task Template, you and your teams have the option to use the templates each time you want to add a task – much like how it works for project templates. And, this means that you won’t find errant tasks that show up in your My Tasks list just because someone duplicated it or the template task needs to be assigned to you.

Please find more details in our recent announcement:

We hope you enjoy this update, and we look forward to your feedback! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.