Problem with creating a tag called "?"

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Creating a tag “?” doesn’t seem to save properly. It gets saved to a task and shows up, but if I want to add it to another task in next session I get prompted to add New tag “?” again as if it wouldn’t exist.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a “?” tag for a task
Log out
Log back in
Try to assign “?” tag
It should prompt you to add a new tag, even though it exists

Browser version:
Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Mattias_Tralla and welcome to the Forum!

Great question! This is not a bug, but actually an expected behavior. It doesn’t work with just “?” but with any tag your creating (see another example I created on my test project); this is because unlike with custom fields, we do allow duplicates for Tags :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi Marie and thank you for quick response and warm welcome. Maybe I misunderstood your point, but let me try to clarify my issue.

The problem is not that I’d like to create multiple tags with “?” name, I understand that this can’t be done. Rather the fact that tag called “?” didn’t get saved at all (unlike any other tags which save nicely).

I currently solved the problem by renaming tag “?” into something else and this also saved and was searchable afterwards. The problem I had twice seemed to be related particularly with tag name “?”

Let me know if I could test it in any other way.

HI @Mattias_Tralla and apologies if my reply was slightly confusing!

You can create multiple identical tags :slight_smile:

But to get back to your initial problem, I’m wondering if this is not just a browser hiccup; can you try clearing your browsers cache and cookies, and let me know if the issue persists?