Problem with asana plugin in outlook (volume office apps)

The Asana plug-in does not work with locally installable Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 and 2019 Standard VOLUME LICENSE. The keyword here being volume license. The exchange server type is O365. We have tested this same setup with retail Microsoft Office (such as Office for Mac) and it works. Obviously Office under an O365 Business Premium subscription also works under the same setup. It’s only our volume license edition of Office which does not work, please advise?

HI @jaharal and welcome to the Forum!

Can you confirm is your exchange server is hosted in Outlook or is on “On-premises”?

I can confirm that the addon necessitates an Office 365 Commercial subscription, however On-premises Exchange Server is not supported; you can learn more about it here: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381833?tab=Overview

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks Marie, the outlook is from Volume licensing not Office 365 product but email configured has Exchange license hosted in Office 365. Asana plugin will only work in Online Web Outlook application but it will not appear on the local outlook.

Thanks for the quick follow-up @jaharal;

Got you! Unfortunately, this is an expected behavior since the add-on does not support local outlook (= On-premises). If you haven’t yet, I would highly recommend to add your vote to Outlook integration - support for on-premises exchange server?.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with :slight_smile:

No it is not an on-premise Excahnge Server. It is Exchange Online (Plan 1) which comes with Office 365 Business Essentials license.

Thanks for getting back to me @jaharal,

Would you mind sending our support team a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end? Make sure to share the URL of this thread to give them as much context as possible too!

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

What screenshot do I need to send, I do not see the plugin in local outlook this is the issue.
The outlook is from Volume licensing not Office 365 product but email configured has Exchange license hosted in Office 365. Asana plugin will only work in Online Web Outlook application but it will not appear on the local outlook.
We had receive confirmation from Office 365 that Asana plugin will only work on Office 365 application so not on Volume licensing so this is what we would like to verify from Asana’s end.

Hi @jaharal,

Could you send our support team the following:

• The URL of this thread (so they have full context to help you and you don’t have to re-explain everything!)
  • A screenshot of your web Outlook
  • A screenshot of your Outlook desktop app (even if the Asana add-on is not visible there), we just want to see what your interface looks like!

Thanks for your help and your patience; we really appreciate it!