Prioritising Tasks in order of urgency...

Hi there,

Please forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, or potentially if it is a ‘day one’ question!

I’ve been using Asana for quite a while now but tend to stick to basic functions. I have all my tasks through various projects prioritised in date order so I know what needs to be done on any given day. Where my workload is increasing, I would now find it very useful to be able to prioritise my daily tasks in order of something like; Urgent / High Priority / Medium Priority / Low Priority - or something along those lines…

Is this possible? I’ve searched the Help function and tried playing around with the features but couldn’t see an obvious way of doing it, unless I am (quite potentially) looking past an obvious way of doing it.

Many thanks in advance!

Nathan Baxter

1 Like

Hi @Nathan_Baxter, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

You can use Custom Fields to indicate a task’s priority level. Please find more information and screenshots in this article.

I also suggest you to join one of our upcomining Get started with Asana - #12 by Emily_Roman workshops. These events are free and a great opportunity to learn more about our features and how you can prioritize you work in Asana. You will also have the opportunity to ask you questions live.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi @Nathan_Baxter you can do that with integration Asana backlog priority scoring w/ WSJF, RICE, Eisenhower Matrix
It has a built-in prioritization Urgent-Important framework that can highlight your most impactful tasks.

1 Like