Show custom field in the "My Tasks" view?

I created a custom field for task priority “high”, “medium”, and “low”. Is it possible to show this field in the main My Tasks view? Otherwise, I can’t see the priority at a glance.

5 Likes

Hi @Barnett_Williams1! As it stands, custom fields are not available from your “My Tasks” list, but I would suggest to add your vote to this thread from our #productfeedback category!

2 Likes

Great suggestion. Thanks!

3 Likes

Custom fields are available on projects, but once you add them, they’re carried across every task in that project (empty answers), which isn’t helpful.

Can custom fields be added to tasks? That way you could have a separate set of custom fields for tasks and projects.

1 Like

Are you asking if there is a way to do that or are you making a request?

If you’re making a request, you should vote on it in the product feedback category. Someone has made the request already so it makes it quick and easy for you to vote: Custom Fields on a Single Task (Not a Whole Project)

Exactly what the subject says… is it possible to show the priority custom field in the My Tasks section? This would be so helpful in prioritizing My Tasks! Any help?

Hi @Mike_Newby, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:

As it stands, custom fields are not available from your “My Tasks”.

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, thank you for the reply. Hope this features comes out soon! Seems like a big thing to be missing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 37 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

I love using Rules and see that I can apply them to My Tasks page, but none of the Default Fields are useful to me. I wish I could add on custom Fields- like the one from my company’s library. We have a custom status for example when working with external vendors, and I’d love to be able to sort those tasks into my different sections based on those statuses.

Another idea I had, is I wish I could set up a Rule based on a filter or keyword search or Tag. Eg. The task is called “Get Asana to Help with This.” Id love to set up a rule that searches for “Asana” or looks for an “Asana” tag, and then moves it into a certain section on My Tasks.

Hi @SamW

It is possible to use custom fields in your rules. In my experience, it is mostly just single-select custom fields. You have to first add the custom field to your project and it should auto-populate into your rules actions.

1 Like

Hi @SamW, thanks for this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @SamW,

FYI both of these are available in our Flowsana integration: it has an available rule trigger condition for “If the task name contains the word or phrase ______” and also one for “If the task has the tag _______ associated with it”.

@Mike_Tammaro Can you elaborate on how to do this? I have added a few custom fields, but they are not showing up when I try to make custom rules.

1 Like

Hi @Jessica_Spray:

Sure thing! The key is that your custom fields must be “single select.” I do not believe Asana allows multiselect rules to be in place. Now you can create multiple, single select rules and apply rules to those as well. Please find my steps below:

Step 1: Add a single select custom field

• You will go to “Customize,” add field and make sure to select “Single Select”

• For this example, I chose “Asana Custom Field Test” with the options as “Yes” or No"

Step 2: Create your Rule

• Again go to the “Customize” tab and click “Add Rule”

• For this example, I chose the trigger as “Task marked complete” and the action “Set Asana Custom Field as ‘Yes’”

I hope this makes sense! Hopefully, Asana can integrate the multi-select or text custom fields in the future, but this is how I do it moving forward.

Custom fields are now already available on My Tasj

1 Like