Portfolios: Project Name cuts off, but only sometimes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

As a paid user of the Portfolios feature, I’m finding that Projects added will arbitrarily cutoff part of the Name field, shortening with a … at the end if a status update is ever added. This occurs regardless of abundant column space, and regardless of fact that before adding a status there is already a place holder of “No Recent Updates” in the spot.

This issue is making Portfolios frustrating for sharing due to requirement for clicking into every single project simply to see a 3-6 word Project Name.

Steps to reproduce:

Add a project to Portfolio, which has at least 3+ words in the name and no recent “Status Updates”. Note the whole name displays. Then add a status update. Note the name shortens.

Browser version:

Safari 12.0.1 and Chrome v.73+

Upload screenshots below:

Widen Project Title column width in Portfolio view

Hi @Kyle_Formella and welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue, I’ve reached out to our Development Team and will be in touch as soon as I have an update!

Again, sincere apologies for the trouble and thank you so much for your patience!

Thank you. I hope the team is able to resolve this, as right now I’m deliberately deleting “status updates” in order to allow the project title to fully display.

1 Like

I would LOVE for the Project title column to be wider. Whenever I spend time in Portfolios, I always go into the browser developer tools and widen the Project Title column so I can see the full title of the projects. It seems ridiculously narrow to me and I’m always frustrated by it. Can we make this wider somehow?

Hey @Lena_Masek_Roberson, thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with us and for also taking the time to add screenshots!

This seems to have been escalated already: Portfolios: Project Name cuts off, but only sometimes

I have gone ahead and merged your thread into the Bug, I hope you don’t mind.

Thanks, but this isn’t a bug, it’s consistent and seems like a design choice…

Hey @Lena_Masek_Roberson, I completely understand what you mean.

Please be assured that this has been brought to the attention of our Development Team, once I hear from them I will make sure to post about it on this thread!

I am very sorry for any hassle this may be causing you, thank you for your patience while this is being reviewed.

1 Like

The reason I interpret it as a bug is because that Project Name div width is much wider when there is no status update shown for a project. It only becomes shrunk once once a status update is added. It’s quite odd. I’ve found that by deleting all status updates for a project I can restore the full name of a project in the Portfolio view.

Since the absence of a status update still consumes the same screen space for the status column, it doesn’t seem related to a reallocation of div space.

Gotcha. Makes sense.