Portfolios: Add Status Updates as column

Most of the information from the Progress tab seems to be implemented in the Portfolio information. I would like to see the latest Status Updates for each Project as an additional column in Portfolios. Is there a way to add this information at the moment? If not, could it be included in future versions?

asana_question1|666x500

1 Like

Totally agree with you Marcus. I added a custom field for Status update but it’s not connected to anything.

This would be seriously helpful for the software company I work for too. We have a portfolio we use to review all key initiatives being worked on by our Senior Leadership Team and our contributors are finding it frustrating to go between projects and the portfolio to provide each progress update.

Adding my vote for this too. Most if not all of the benefit of portfolios is being able to understand several projects at a glance and not having status easily viewable defeats the purpose.

I’d like to add my vote to this one.

This is not just a “nice to have”. This is a “Must Have”.

Right now, this is my biggest challenge with Asana right now.

• There are others (minor ones)… this is definitely the biggest one.

Isn’t this information already displayed already, as shown below?

The first project shows status with the title of the latest status update and the first line; click any of that and you see the full status in a popup.

I believe that, if your latest status update was awhile ago, it won’t show up here; maybe that’s the issue why you’re not seeing it.

I searched the Guide but couldn’t immediately find any details on this.

Larry

@lpb, your screenshot shows the status of the project… What I’m looking for (maybe other may have a different request), is the status of each task… :slight_smile:

@Eduardo_Mylonas_da_S, Oh, I misunderstood. Portfolios are focused at a higher level than tasks generally so I think you’ll likely need to use another Asana feature for that.

Yes… and that’s what I don’t want to :slight_smile: (use another feature).

Status updates associated with columns is a native feature in other tools like Jira and Rational Team Concert… it seems such no-brainer. Because that’s a natural mapping (an important design principle :slight_smile: ). And Asana as good as it is other aspects, not having that becomes such a challenge to work with… I hope they realize how important that is and implement that as soon as possible.