Please Undo the New Color Scheme

Please undo it.

Hello @anon3048441 and welcome to the forum :wave:

I understand that you might not like the new colours. I was initially not really a fan of them either since one of our brand colours kind of disappeared. But I am totally fine with the colours now, just took some time getting used to them.

What I can recommend is to switch on the colour blind mode if you prefer brighter colours.

For more info on the new Asana colours have a look here: New colors coming to Asana! and here: New colors coming to Asana! - #241

1 Like

You should not have to get used to a muted and ineffective color palette. Especially when weā€™ve invested time color coding projects. Frankly, itā€™s quite silly at this point your devs spent time on making a new palette and didnā€™t add functionality for custom #HEX or icon uploading.

Bring back the old palette, keep this one as an option, and implement custom #HEX color options for project color coding please.

37 Likes

It looks bad. Plain and simple. This new feature doesnā€™t improve anything (for the majority of users), and we shouldnā€™t need to get used to anything with no benefit

24 Likes

This change ruined my week.

25 Likes

The new Asana colors look awful, dull, not vibrant at all, I cannot differentiate between various shades, and I have a monitor specifically for color work. I needed to enable colorblind mode and lose my color-coded tags and custom fields. Who thought of this? People in forums ask for multiple features, and you spend your valuable development time messing with the colors (smh).

24 Likes

This is so disappointing. The new colours are so depressing and drab. There was no need for this. I canā€™t stand it, and if anything it has been bad for usabilityā€¦ In what world is decreasing the contrast good for this kind of UI? Clearly nobody likes it from the monthā€™s worth of people talking about it, please roll it back. This just messed everything upā€¦

14 Likes

I just got the new colors for the first time today. Yayā€¦not. It definitely gave the temporary impression that a veil had pulled down over all my tasksā€¦either they were completed and hence grayed out, or maybe a fog had come over my eyes. Now I truly ā€œseeā€ what everyone has been complaining about and I fully understand the dissatisfaction. Colors are now less differentiated and colored elements are harder to read.

The proposed workaround of color blind mode takes the colors from grayed out to sick looking and also harder to read. And I had really gone all in on color as a way to emphasize and structure information.

Final thought: What are these dark colors here? Are they intended to be distinguishable? I have perfect color vision and fully satisfactory displays and monitors, but under no circumstances can I reliably distinguish these three forms of mud tone.

24 Likes

Kind of has one of thoseā€¦ ā€œwait what?ā€ kinds of feelings right? Like maybe the person who thought these new colors was better was some high level manager / executive and people inside the company couldnā€™t stop them. Cause the community surely isnā€™t getting listened to! That thread when they first started rolling this out got hundreds of responses at lightning speed and they ā€œlockedā€ the thread ā€“ very community oriented haha.

16 Likes

I am sure Asana has thought this through before making the change as they surely wouldnā€™t make any change without a purpose. Yes sure I do agree that some things are yet to be adapted/improved and yes it would have been good to inform everybody well in advance but I wouldnā€™t assume that the majority of users did not like it only because a bunch of people comment regarding this in the forum and others donā€™t

3 Likes

It looked so vibrant and nice to look at. This is like a filter was pulled over everything. I used to think we could use with more colors, but now - no colors matter. Because itā€™s all terrible. Why not give the user an option to revert back or leave as it is? Why do we all have to look at this depressing state of colors? Give us the option, with or without a filter, and there you go.

12 Likes

This is incredibly disturbing. Unless a huge proportion of active users complained about the colors i donā€™t understand how this change was implemented like it has. The fact that fundamental details like this can change willy-nilly makes me worried about all the time invested in asanaā€¦what else can change like this?

I perfectly understand that some people have conditions for which this change is great but for that it should be a button and not the default.

Just crazy

10 Likes

For the love of life please stop messing around with the colours for the tags and just change it back, and then leave it alone!!!

Every single time you mess around with the colours you get a ton of well deserved negative feedback and end up rolling back a change made for no user gainā€¦

8 Likes

Hi!
Changing the palette have created a lot of mess in our big company:

• Huge load for the IT Support to answer hundreds of the same questions in different channels on how to return the previous color scheme.
  • Some depts lost their efficiency as they developed their processes using previous entitiesā€™ colors (including internal docs which became irrelevant etc).

Itā€™s just a disgusting surprise to have that change without the option to return the previous color scheme. Please roll back that ASAP.

14 Likes

I can only second what others have already written above.

The new color scheme is no improvement whatsoeverā€¦ It looks like a bad filter was put over everything. For everyone with normal vision this is just a terrible ā€œnew featureā€. You canā€™t clearly distinguish the new colors anymore and everything on screen just looks depressing.

Please let us revert back to the old color scheme!

And I also agree with what @Megan_Gill has already pointed out: custom #HEX colors would be a very useful enhancement!

9 Likes

This change make me a headache :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

5 Likes

I agree! I have never used the Asana forums before but I feel so strongly about this one I had to find a way to voice my concern. I went to my tasks this morning and saw the new colour for the first time and instantly felt sad.

First, I love how bright and colourful it was because it made the work day fun. Now itā€™s so sad and depressing. Honestly, with winter coming where I live and SAD kicking in, this is the last thing I need. (It feels like the second Halloweentown movie when all the colour has been sucked out of the town and everyone is melancholic).

The bright colours made work fun and working from home thatā€™s truly needed (especially on a mental level).

Second, as many have said, itā€™s hard to differentiate the tasks and see what is complete and what isnā€™t.

Simply put, the new colours are depressing. And kind of impractical.

9 Likes

I re-started my chrome multiple times thinking these colours were an odd load error or somethingā€¦LOL. Seconding what folks have already said above, really not a fan of this change from a UI perspective or just from an aesthetic perspective as well. It would be great as @Megan_Gill mentioned above, if folks had the choice to add in hex codes of their own, or to revert back to the old colour theme. It used to be so pretty and each project so differentiated! Iā€™ve added my name to the above ā€˜Voteā€™ to undo this change.

12 Likes

So upset about this color change. All my tasks were a vibrant green and orange before. Now the two colors I use most look almost the same on the tiny little dots. HEX colors PLEASE.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been begging for a ā€œLikedā€ inbox filter for two years but sure letā€™s spend time on sad colors.

7 Likes