Please restore usability of subheadings - PLEASE REOPEN THIS IS NOT ABOUT DEPLOYING ALT-N ITS ABOUT BROKEN FUNCTIONALITY IN CHANGES TO ALT-N YESTERDAY

I love subheadings, create and destroy them all the time, but the change today has made them substantially less useful.

Up until today, you could select a heading, hit the delete key combo and its gone, no longer, instead you have to select, click the drop down, delete, confirm and then oops - just deleted all the tasks in the heading.

Also previously you could drag a heading around, but no longer - now it takes all the tasks with it.

Please look at the different ways people use Asana before making massive changes like this - I use headings as markers - specifically what I’m going to get to do when - I drag them up and down a list for example “By lunch”, then delete it after lunch and so on. Now I have to go back to using character combos like ‘========’ to indicate a heading, which is one step backwards from when adding a “:” at the end would turn it into a heading.

What you are referring to is called “section”, and has been deploying for several months now. It just happen to hit your account today :sweat_smile:. I am pretty sure there are lengthy threads about the topic, @Marie will be able to redirect you!

Hi @Mitra_Ardron,

I would recommend adding your vote to the following posts: "Tab+N" our new shortcut to create Sections - #321. :slight_smile: