Please make a Premium Solo Plan

To be clear, @Cathya, when you say…

…you are actually, indeed saying you’ll be addressing the pain point of small 1 or 2 person being forced into a 5-user plan, and then dramatically overpaying? Right? That is the pain point you will specifically be providing a solution for?

Not being negative. Just being direct. We appreciate all you do, and definitely are and have been eager for a long time for a solution to this pain point. Big financial challenge for tiny teams. Remember, if you help us succeed by providing a plan that fits us, we’ll start with and stick with Asana, our companies will grow, and we’ll end up being much larger customers. But, if small teams are forced to go elsewhere for premium or business features because the pricing is so out of reach, they’ll grow on other platforms and you will have lost the chance for long-term growth customers.

I love Asana. My clients love Asana. But, many have left for plans that better fit smaller teams, and I don’t want that to keep happening.

Thanks for being active and involved.

5 Likes

Morning all –

Just wanted to jump in and add my voice to this.

I’ve wanted to implement Asana for so long, but the pricing has been a huge barrier for me. On the surface, the 5-user tiers appear to be nothing more than a means by which the company can pad its bottom line. It truly feels like a disregard for teams of all sizes when we have to purchase seats we won’t use. The same is especially true for solo folks.

I straddle both the solo and team realms: I’ve wanted Asana for my own small business. And, I now work at a company that’s shopping for a new management team. As a whole, we’re not interested in the waste associated with the 5-user tiers. I don’t think I could sell Asana to the company (and frankly, I wouldn’t even try), given this pricing.

I truly want to use this tool and all of its amazing functionality. But the disregard for client needs, and the perceived focus on the bottom line, is completely off-putting.

I really do hop that this changes soon.

3 Likes

totally agree to this, I’m waiting on until next year. If Asana does not change their plans i’m afraid that i’m going to use another platform. Sadly because I do like Asana and trying to implement it with my clients as well. But I do need a premium plan.

2 Likes

Lots of solo shops out there. It would be a bad business decision to leave those folks out, like myself. +1

3 Likes

Still hoping Asana will implement this. :crossed_fingers: So many of us would gladly pay for the premium features if we didn’t have to pay for four extra seats that we don’t need.

4 Likes

I’ve been an Asana user since 2011. I’d be happy to upgrade to a Premium Solo Plan. Until then, the Free Plan is good enough for me. I refuse to pay for 4 seats I don’t want or need.

It’s good to see I’m not the only one who feels this way. I hope Asana makes this happen sooner than later. Imagine how much money they’re losing every month this goes unanswered.

6 Likes

I can’t believe this doesn’t exist yet. Was about to upgrade until hitting this road block!

4 Likes

Me neither. I checked back hoping they finally had an option so I can take advantage of the timeline etc, but nothing. They’re missing out on a big opportunity to reach the solopreneur market.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m sure this have been requested for at least 2 years, so I really do hope this will be implemented soon though~

4 Likes

Hi Marie,

Can you please set a task " Solo Pan" and assigned to your boss in your Asana? Don’t forget to set due date.

Best regards,
Damon

6 Likes

I don’t understand why Asana uses a tiered subscription model. Has there ever been any official explanation from Asana?

They could have had thousands of pounds in subscription fees from us over the years if we were able to subscribe to 6 single seats.

We’d be quite happy to forego priority support on a non-tiered subscription plan if that’s the reason Asana do this.

2 Likes

@Cathya? Was my comment an accurate description of what you said?

At one point they said that it’s what their clients prefer so that they have a stable, reliable, consistent cost instead of going up and down as seats are added and removed. However, I have never seen any other SaaS platform do that and I’m pretty confident most companies on earth would much prefer only paying for the licenses they actually need instead of the “benefit” of a consistent billing amount that includes globs of seats they aren’t using and don’t need. I like Asana, but this is a ridiculous way to stick it to your clients.

1 Like

HI @Bryan_TeamKickstart,

Marie here stepping in for @Cathya who kindly backed me up while I was away this summer :slight_smile:

As I’ve mentioned before on this thread, we’re aware this is a popular request and we regularly re-open this discussion internally to evaluate whether or not we’re in a position to offer this solution without compromising on quality and support. We’re totally aware it can be challenging for smaller teams to afford Asana Premium or Business, and while already have some mechanism in place to support smaller businesses (ie “small teams discount”), but we’re always looking into additional solutions.
I’m following up on this very closely, both in the Forum and internally, and will share updates as soon as I can. I know our community has advocated for this option for quite a long time and has already been super patient; please continue commenting on this thread, as your feedback are super helpful to inform our researches!

3 Likes

Yeap, of course we should think it’s very difficult for you to offer 5 times cheaper subscription for single person. It took more than 1 year to decide and it’s still difficult to decide.

Btw, I thought to make a team 2 years and although I’m aware of this need I regularly re-open this discussion internally in my mind to evaluate whether or not I’m in a position to make this tasty tea without compromising on spending energy to go to kitchen and comfort I have in my chair - so I clearly understand you as I’m in the same position. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! I’ve been wanting this for a while too. I use it individually almost constantly and would love to be able to access the premium features. I just can’t justify the price for 5 seats as it is though.

1 Like

:joy:

• team = tea (a typo)
1 Like

@Marie - I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. And, yes, @Cathya - thank you for picking up in this energized community. It can be a crazy place in here. :wink:

For the record though, I would not classify this thread as being full of people who are patient. You are losing loads of customers who find your pricing model (NOT your price, just your pricing MODEL) to be really, extremely unfavorable to just about every customer. There isn’t a team in the world that I know of who appreciates stable, consistent pricing (i.e. pricing tiers) more than they appreciate a fair price (paying for the licenses they actually need).

Also, there is no small teams pricing on the business level accounts.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, most of the very anxious people on this thread, many of whom have since gone elsewhere, have said that they would be delighted to pay for a license that doesn’t include support just for the chance to have access to the features of each of these plans. So, for me, this translates to purely a profit decision for Asana (even though I think you’re losing quite a bit in the meantime from lost opportunities). You received $125 million (75 early 2018 and 50 late 2018) last year in investment, and this smells like a policy that won’t change because the investors say “no”. If you offered the ability to pay for licenses by seat, instead of by 5s and 10s, a huge swath of your free users would move to paid accounts and an even bigger portion of people would stop leaving Asana for other platforms.

@Marie - you provide excellent support on these forums. And, I know you are just the messenger and are “following up very closely”. But, I just need you to pass along that “following up closely” does not mean “listening”. Your community is screaming to be heard. They want to pay you. But, they are leaving in droves because your company policy is so irrational.

Look. I make most of my living as an Asana consultant. I need you to succeed so that I can succeed. I love many things about Asana. But, at times, many times, you’ve just become so customer unfriendly.

There’s a reason why this is your engagement growth graph:

And this is Clickup’s:

And, obviously, clickup’s traction is eons and lightyears behind you, but the trends do mean at least something. I sincerely hope that the pricing, the changes, and all the morphing Asana is going through can start to feel more friendly to customer needs (which don’t always mean cheaper – Asana free users WANT to pay you). :slight_smile:

@Marie - thank you again for your help. I truly appreciate all you do. Please know that I feel like I’m screaming to your team while being part of it. I’m not against you. I love and use Asana. My living is made on Asana consulting. But, I’m just advocating for something I hear in almost every single workshop I ever do. The Asana pricing model (the pricing MODEL, not the price) makes everyone upset… everywhere … except of course within Asana management.

For some context, my clients currently range from companies with 2 employees to companies with 340 employees. Hopefully that helps communicate the breadth and scope of my feedback. I know my long response won’t necessarily change anything, and that all you’re allowed to say is that you are following up closely and will share updates when you can.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts on this thread with
526 votes over a span of
3 yrs and 7 months
with 359 replies
241 users participating
with 1,200 likes.
(NUMBERS UPDATED JAN 2020)

I appreciate your time and listening ear, @Marie. I hope you can help your team and your management to listen.

Many kudos to you for being the professional and gracious moderator that you are. Thank you for your patience with my passionate response.

19 Likes

I have been using asana for personal projects for the last 3 years. As well I have personally helped switch two small businesses, using more difficult software, to use asana for their entire workflow while I worked for the companies. I love asana and have been advocating for it for a long time.

I have been waiting for the ability to pay you up to $9.99 a month to access even just SOME of the features that have become a requirement to me in a task management program, but the option never came.

Yesterday I discovered Clickup, Yesterday I imported my most recent major project over there. And today is the day I no longer advocate for asana. Clickup has provided every major feature I wanted to be able to use from asana in their free model, and the moment I hit my storage limit I already plan on paying $60 for the year for myself.

Today is a sad day for me, honestly. I really loved asana and seeing it come so far with all of the new features it has rolled out over the last couple years. The web developer in me wants to say thank you to everyone who worked so hard to turn asana into a truly amazing web application. And I’m sorry that a business decision is the reason I have to make the change.

9 Likes