Please make a Premium Solo Plan

Can you run me through how we would make it work, practically?

I will create a space and add you as a user. We would each create private projects so others wonā€™t be able to see your tasks. There are probably done other factors we need to work out. If you have specific questions or suggestions, let me know.

I have thought about seeing it up as an organization and assigning everyone an alias using my own domain (all of those emails configured to automatically forward to your real email). I think this allows us unlimited guests that have a different email domain, but I didnā€™t know how you guys would feel about that since communications would flow through my email servers. Would you have a preference on that?

Hi folks,

Friendly reminder to use private messages to organise yourself; this is just to avoid confusion for other users :slight_smile:

cc @Data_Ninja @MSP

Really surprised thereā€™s no single user plan. Iā€™m in the UK and would happily pay for one seat @ $9ā€¦99/moth ā€“ but Ā£25/month + VAT (5 seats) is insane for a productivity tool for one person.

Please take my money!

1 Like

Mindblowing this has not been implemented yet.

Due to this thread, I have now been checking out other providers who do offer plans to individuals. Asana are literally losing money because of this baffling decision.

2 Likes

I remember asking Asana about it about a year ago too. Since no change has been made within a year (or more!) there is little hope so I have transferred all my tasks to Quire yesterday. Considering also nTask and othersā€¦ Sorry Asana.

2 Likes

Would be nice to have premium with my spouseā€¦

1 Like

I wanted to move from Trello to Asana, but right now the premium plans are prohibitive. And the free features are pretty much the same as Trello.

Itā€™s mind-boggling that given the high demand for this option, Asana keeps being that ignorant. Enabling this is likely a matter of days for a single dev, changing the configuration on the UI and the payment system. There is no new feature to be built for this. A lot of upside, and literally no downside.

The other side to this is that many startups that start small with 1 or 2-3 people will necessarily go with a different service and are lost to Asana as they grow. The 5 seat minimum is purely artificial and I have a hard time seeing a meaningful justification for this. Why would a company be so stubborn and potentially loose out on a lot of potential future customers growing into larger teams. That just doesnā€™t make any sense to me and is in no way near to being customer-obsessed.

1 Like

Still no official comment on that long lasting topic, why there is no Solo-Plan? Iā€™m very sad as I badly need some of the premium features (e.g search) for my structure/workflow. But I definitely wonā€™t afford a multi user plan, as a growing number of other services demand their monthly fee. Paying that much just for Asana isnā€™t worth the value in comparison to Evernote, G Suite, etc.

A high workload and a constantly postponing decision for this issue forces me to search for an available alternative product in this area, however I really love the UI and UX of Asana.

Exactly! Beyond the non-support for under 5 teams, my biggest gripe is the FALSE advertising. Not even a fine print to indicate that the pricing is tiered. NONE at all on their pricing page until youā€™re about to pay. That to me is nuts. Why make so many people angry that they are being misled? I thought that kind of practice went out ages ago!

1 Like

Not to mention the highly misleading pricing page. NO indication of pricing tier minimums, not a single fine print until I try to pay.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Iā€™m open to that idea.

Anyone else want to join in?

A lot of people use Asana as a tool to schedule and manage things other than commercial work projects. I switched from Trello and use Asana for studying and as a day-to-day calendar/to-do list. Even for non-commercial uses, I would happily pay for a single user account to upgrade to premium but you have a 5 account minimum order which will be out of reach for most non-commercial users and even a lot of freelancers starting out.

Searching this community, thereā€™s a lot of demand for this and I it may not fit with your ideal SaaS pricing model but I think itā€™s more damaging to not listen to your potential customers.

1 Like

@Sam_Moreton, Iā€™m with you. I found this thread which seems to be the official request. Join us and upvote it there!

3 Likes

Not exactly a chorus in here. I had hoped to find more voices asking for this. Using Asana at work in a group of 30 users and have been inspired to set one up for personal use; but the lack of field management and other customizations for < $600/year will probably keep me in SmartSheet. Like others, I would pay $20/month for this.

Hi, just wanted to upgrade to Premium and found out I would need to pay a 5 user abonnement.

Iā€™m a single user only as well.

What a pity!

Kind Regards,

Andreas

2 Likes

Iā€™m facing the same issue, would you be open to sharing an account? As Asana provides private projects I wonā€™t be able to see your projects, and itā€™d be $19 instead of $38 per month.

Hi,

hmm in the meantime I changed to Bitrix24.

But I have the same issue here, also costs around the same.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

Would also love a single user option so I can use visual layouts.