Please Add Feature to add Columns on Left for a Board

I hate how you can only add a column on the left. We are using boards for weekly meeting notes. We want the newest items on the left. So I have to go the right to hit new and then drag it all the way to get it in the right spot. Kinda like in excel or any other financial system, you add newest to the left.

Please add it to your feature list

I really agree, it is very annoying one can only add columns at the right, while we would like to see the most recent one (mostly) at the left. Would be nice to have a button (like in Excel) to add a column right or left, anywhere.

1 Like

Hi,

I agree that it would be very convenient to add a column where you want, especially since the page always opens by displaying the left-hand columns on board, which over time moves the button further and further away.

A fixed button under the project title would already be very useful, in the same way as the “add task” button in list mode.

1 Like

I didn’t see this anywhere in the forum, so I hope I’m not duplicating a request/suggestion.

It would be REALLY helpful to be able to add a column to the right or left of an existing column in the board view. Right now, you have to scroll all the way to the right and then drag the column back to where you want it. This is inefficient and time consuming. Any one else have thoughts on this?

1 Like

Hi @Erin_Hommeland and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand how implementing this feature would be so useful. Hopefully, this is something we can implement in the future.

We already have a thread regarding this topic in the Forum, o I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this thread to ensure we gather all feedback and votes in one main thread. I hope that’s OK.

Have a great week!

2 Likes

Is it just me, or is it crazy that I have to awkwardly scroll all the way to the right of all my boards in order to be able to add a new list? Perhaps it’s a minor detail, but it sure seems far more reasonable to add boards from the left than it does from the far right.