Pasting text into task comments gets stuck or disappears

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: When I paste text from elsewhere (i.e. an email, document, etc) into the task comment field and click “comment”, about 75% of the time the text will remain in the comment field and not post into the thread. Clicking “comment” again does not work. You must Cut the text and repaste the text before it will work properly. And then sometimes it will post into the comment thread and also remain in the text entry box as well.

Steps to reproduce: Paste text from anywhere into the Asana comment field and click “comment”

Browser version: Chrome Version 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi @Keri_Larange, welcome to the forum and sorry for the trouble here!

Can you please try following these steps and let me know if the issue persists?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Emily,
I was finally able to complete all of these requests and I’m sorry to inform that the issue is still not resolved. I have updated Chrome to the latest version, I have cleared all cache and cookies from Chrome and restarted the computer. I also tested in Safari which I have never logged into Asana on before, and it was still producing the same issue. My team members are also having the same issue.
Please let me know if there’s any other information I can provide.
Thank you!
Keri

Hi @Keri_Larange, thanks for confirming this information and apologies for the late follow-up here! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our development team. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

1 Like