Partial field in read only project details view is missing a title tag

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
A read-only user looking at the project details view can’t see a partial value when hovering it.

Steps to reproduce:

• look at a project detail view on which you are read only
  • find a text field you don’t fully see (“…” at the end)
  • when placing your mouse over it, it does not show the value (no “title” tag)

Browser version:
latest Desktop app on Mac OS

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, thanks for flagging this! I was able to replicate the issue on my end, so I’ve escalated it to our team for investigation!

1 Like

@Vanessa_N, I’m moving this topic to In Progress since you have filed the bug internally :slight_smile: Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Bastien_Siebman, sorry for the delay on this. Our team has confirmed that this is not a bug, but part of a series of experiments that they are running at the moment. They’ve noted your feedback, and hope this will be considered before the final decisions are made!

I don’t see how this could be an experiment, this is clearly unusable, maybe they haven’t understood :sweat_smile:
I am playing my god mode card, @lpb help me on this :grimacing:

1 Like

Hey @Bastien_Siebman, I can confirm that we are currently running multiple experiments for Task View simplification, and some of them include changes to the hovering behavior. But I’ve asked them to review this escalation again to be 100% sure they didn’t misunderstand the report :slight_smile:

It sounds like @Vanessa_N is on top of this so not much more to add. Of course when there’s potential truncation, one solution is a tooltip on hover, so I hope there’s some mitigation offered for truncation in the ultimately chosen solution.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.