Overview of all teams and its projects (including private)

In Asana you can only do the sorts shown, See also Asana2Go (disclaimer: i’m the creator) for ascending/descending sorts, sorts on other fields, and multi-column sorts:

Larry

Larry, thank you. I have looked at Asana2go and will potentially subscribe, if I wind up sticking with Asana as I’m still trialling…

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Thanks, @OT160. Just to clarify, there’s no subscription for Asana2Go; it’s free for all private and most commercial use.

Larry

1 Like

Larry, thanks, you know I haven’t spent too much time with your tool but I thought I saw it was free, and thanks for confirming! I hope to dive back in again soon!

2 Likes

We are reorganizing our company’s teams in a structure that makes better sense for our business. Is there a way to know how many private teams exist, or how many private projects exist and in which public teams? Or do I need to poll all of our staff to get this answer?

My goal is to avoid accidentally deleting a team that contains hidden projects, and to avoid creating a team that already exists privately.

Hi @Justine_D :wave:t5: Thank you for reaching out!

If you are in a paid plan, the Admin of the organization should be able to see all Teams within your Organization and its privacy following these steps: Admin Console • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps Justine! Please let me know if you have any follow-up information!

1 Like

@Natalia This helps with the first part! Is there a way to see if private Projects exist within Teams? For example, I want to delete some old teams that are private, but have no members. How can I ensure I’m not deleting any projects when I do this?

It does not completely answer your question but could help nonetheless: iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations allows you to see all teams and projects, but only the ones that the person running the tool can see…

1 Like

Hi @Justine_D. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I would recommend you to post an announcement in the Team Conversation notifying that the given Team is going to be deleted and recommending that anyone that has private projects nested there move them to a different Team within the next XX days.

I hope this helps Justine! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

Yes, I guess that’s what I’ll have to do. If it’s OK I moved this to product feedback. I think there should be a way for admins to access this content. They can already see all teams, private or not, they should at least be able to see project names, or a list of users who have private projects.

1 Like

Great idea @Justine_D. Thank you for moving it! I’ll make sure to keep you posted if I have any updates on this topic!

Have a great day! :grinning:

@Justine_D I was able to find an existing thread on this topic so I’m merging this post with it to consolidate feedback! I hope it’s OK :wink:

1 Like

My tool iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations now includes a CSV export of the projects and all the information that comes with them.